Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

John's Training Log

Bretmj1 said:
I'm interested in knowing what your goals are as far as diet. You post that you want to hit 170 by christmas but do you have any plans on a specific gain in weight monthly or will you just be continuing eating whatever/whenever you want? The 5x5 workout, to me, seemed to work much more efficiently when I focused on diet as well!

when i started this program i really did not want to focus on diet too much, as in my previous experience it burnt me out pretty quickly although i trieed to stay away from junk foods. as time has progressed with my lifts i have made it a point to intake more calories, but am still not keeping track per say.
i have a good idea of what im consuming and how many calories are in it and yes i do still read nutrition facts. an average day for me looks a little like this:

morning:
bowl of unhealthy cereal w/protien shake & maybe some kind of fruit

lift:
about 4- 160z bottles of water & half an energy drink

post lift:
protien shake (2 scoops )w/ bannana blend
1 daily vit
2 osteo bi flex pills
1 fish oil tab
2 bcaa pills

lunch: recently has been steak or 8oz chic w/2.5 serv brown rice

on way to work : pb&j sand. protien shake

1st at work: chic or turkey sand. w/ cheese on whole wheat

2nd at work : weight gainer shake w/ yoplait berry yogurt (710 cals)

3rd at work : pb&j sand and sometimes cottage chz w/pineapple

after work (midnight): 2 bcaa pills, 1 fish oil, and i really need to be eating more cottage chz here but am usually to tired and/or lazy

all the while i also drink about 4-5 16oz bottles of water

i know its not the best but i really get tired off keeping track. now i gotta go make this stuff and gett to work in 10min.

EDIT: i was in a big hurry yesterday so i will detail a few things about my diet.
--all my sandwiches are made with whole wheat bread
--weight gainer shakes are made with 1% milk
--protien shakes are made with water
--i am very adicted to pb&j it just always seems to hit the spot while at work(pb is not natural)

Last edited:
lol @ writing unhealthy before you state your breakfast. The cereal is really the worst thing for you. I would try to work in more whole grains, like rolled oats maybe get the grainiest bread possible. That makes a big difference in my diet I find - lowers the calories without affecting your energy or amount you are eating.

--well i edited my post at the end due to being in a hurry when i posted it. --

so to add to my previous post i am gonna try and get to 170 by christmas but i do believe that most of my gains will come after summer is over(late august). as my lifts increase my appitite will too, as it already has a little. so im figuring ill probably stick around 154-157 for summer than as the weather cools some great gains will come..but really who knows.. it may happen sooner ill have to listen to my body.

Nathan said:
lol @ writing unhealthy before you state your breakfast. The cereal is really the worst thing for you. I would try to work in more whole grains, like rolled oats maybe get the grainiest bread possible. That makes a big difference in my diet I find - lowers the calories without affecting your energy or amount you are eating.

honestly i cant stand oats they make me want to gag i do try to consume them but not very often and eggs are often stomach upseting too. my unhealthy cereal is usually a large bowl of plain cheerios. ive never been a good breakfast eater so ive basically tried to just get something down first thing in the morning.

its a little weird but even a small glass of milk in the morning makes my stomach turn, can anyone explain this?

jjt72976 said:
honestly i cant stand oats they make me want to gag i do try to consume them but not very often and eggs are often stomach upseting too. my unhealthy cereal is usually a large bowl of plain cheerios. ive never been a good breakfast eater so ive basically tried to just get something down first thing in the morning.

its a little weird but even a small glass of milk in the morning makes my stomach turn, can anyone explain this?

Maby you are dehydrated in the morning? I know it sound weird but have you tried drinking several glasses of water with your cereal?

I was getting stomach aches after drinking 1/2 gallon at one time so I just added a few cups of water when drinking the milk and now I'm perfectly fine with it.

wed
6/20/07

warm up:
4 min on treadmill
b.w. squats-10x2
militarypress-10x10,45x10x2
overhead squat-45x10x2

squats:
95x10x2, 100x5,130x5, 145x5, 165x5, 155x5
--i feel my form is not consistent so im gonna drop the weight and spend more time focusing on form.

bench:
85x10x2, 90x5, 105x5, 120x5, 135x5, 150x5

row:
70x5, 90x5, 105x5, 120x5, 135x5
--the first three sets are done with wide grip, the last two sets done with a little wider than shuolder width.

overall this day was good, but i dont want to get injured doing squats or rows what might i add to my routine that would help my core strength?

Sculelos said:
Maby you are dehydrated in the morning? I know it sound weird but have you tried drinking several glasses of water with your cereal?

I was getting stomach aches after drinking 1/2 gallon at one time so I just added a few cups of water when drinking the milk and now I'm perfectly fine with it.

yes this may be an issue because when i wake im very thirsty and water or o.j. usually doesnt upset my stomach..

Last edited:
Good idea on dropping the weight if you arn't holding steady form, I had to do the same thing after getting to overly excited and ramping up to fast.

Also I like the plank http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises_10.htm
, Needsize Sit-Up (like regular situp except for done on incline and you stop when your parelell to the ground and hold for 5 seconds then do it again for 5-10 reps, also hanging from a pullup bar or dip bar and raising the legs up is good as well. Just doing the 5 main excercise will strengthen your core strength though, just make sure to keep your form spot on. If you still question your form I highly recommend you check out Starting Strength, I thought I had good form until I read it and have since applied what I learned and now I know the correct way to do all the lifts.

Sculelos said:
Good idea on dropping the weight if you arn't holding steady form, I had to do the same thing after getting to overly excited and ramping up to fast.

Also I like the plank http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises_10.htm
, Needsize Sit-Up (like regular situp except for done on incline and you stop when your parelell to the ground and hold for 5 seconds then do it again for 5-10 reps, also hanging from a pullup bar or dip bar and raising the legs up is good as well. Just doing the 5 main excercise will strengthen your core strength though, just make sure to keep your form spot on. If you still question your form I highly recommend you check out Starting Strength, I thought I had good form until I read it and have since applied what I learned and now I know the correct way to do all the lifts.

im a little confused how this need size sit up is done. do you have a vid i could see.. Starting Strength seems to be a good tool to help i will be purchasing it soon. as for ramping my weight to fast i went with the template were i input my lifts and it figures my weights for me..maybe i inputed them too high and wasnt ready..but i actually went lower than my maxes.. oh well im learning.

as of saturday 6/23/07 i have changed my numbers again on the 5x5.

i dropped my:
squat weight from 205x1 to 165x1
row weight from 155x5 to 135x3
dead weight from 225x3 to 185x3

i kept my:
bench weight at 155x5
incline weight at 140x1

i have inputed these new numbers into the spread sheet template and will be focusing on better consistent form. due to the fact that i feel my form is breaking with higher weights and may create problems that i may get injured from.

Top Bottom