Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is this normal? And what to do about it...

SuperBug

I have noticed that since I started lifting, my lower body has made gains and I am able to lift more at a far more rapid rate than my upper body. Not only does my upper body seem to be lagging behind in general (i.e. it was much weaker to begin with), the gains I make are tiny. I give the same effort to both, but I must say, I love all the lower body exercises and really don't like the upper ones...esp biceps and triceps.

Is this normal? And is there anything I can do to help fix it?

When I firsted decided to go hardcore at the bb thing I was in the same shape. I had several years of gymnastics, coed cheerleading and soccer. My legs looked great while by upper body was thin and lacked any shape. My husband helped to train me. Hit it hard. Pyramid up with your lifts. Go as heavy as you can, so heavy that you go into muslce failure at the fourth or fifth rep. Try hitting the lagging parts twice a week with three days in between. Ex. I did arms one day, Back next day, chest, legs, then back to arms. I actually was switching my workouts up every 8 weeks or so. For a couple of months I was working out chest/bis and back/tris twice a week. You need constant stimulation. I am proud to say that after three years of hard training I can curl 30lbs, 10dips with 45lbs around my waist, can do 80 pull-ups and hammer bench 220lbs.

I do not look like a monster. I get compliments almost everytime I go into the gym or anywhere with sleevless shirts. People constantly ask me when am I going to compete in fitness america and encourage me to try it. Trust me when I say results come with HARD and HEAVY Training.

It is not going to be easy and the results will not come overnight. But with persistance and dedication you will soon get the results you want. Push yourself till your nasueated (sp?). lol

Rasta

ps. I have not done any AAS yet. I am considering but if I do who will ever believe I did all this weight on my own? I am really pround of the progress and don't want to undermind it with use. Still undecided

Lower body -- bigger muscles. Upper body -- most of your movements are dependent on bis & tris, smaller muscles, limited gains.

Top Bottom