Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is there such a thing as taking in too many carbs on insulin?

the nature boy

I'm taking humalog, and on my first meal I take the standard 100g of sugars, 10g of creatine, and 50g of protein. However I'm not sure what to do with the 2nd "meal" Do I take the same exact "meal" minus the creatine? Currently I take 25g of protein, 50g carbs as my 2nd meal after takin slin. Is this too much carbs? too little protein/carbs? And when do I take this 2nd meal, an hour or 2 hours (since humalog peaks at 2 hours) after injecting?

Any advice is appreciated.

Some of it would depend on your general metabolism, I prefer to take in near 100g for both meals for the extra glycogen and calories. I personally don't gain any fat from the carbs. The peak of the lispro bell curve is at the 1.8-2 hour mark, and is multiple times higher than at the onset, so if anything you should be taking the 100g of carbs at the peak. Powered nutrients will make it much easier to prevent fat accumulation, as I could only figure one solid meal without a gram of fat in it; egg whites and cream of wheat.

Keep in mind that normal human pancreatic insulin (unlike the time released analogues) release over twice as fast and as short as the humalog, so even if you took 100g at both times it would be shuttled thanks to your pancreas. Experiment for yourself, but when bulking even my non-workout meals have 100g, albiet lower on the gycemeic index. I would also bump up the protein intake to 50-80g at the peak, more serum insulin then to shuttle the nutrients than at the onset.

thanks bros. I'll try bumping up the protein intake.

also monsters primer was wrong on one part about how long humalog stays in the system. other than that it was a good read.

Top Bottom