Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If you could only do one lift, what would it be?

• Total voters
Deadlifts are definitely way better.

EM: Why in the hell would you do only dips? IMO that is almost as bad as just doing barbell curls in the squat rack. You'd develop some bad imbalances lol

i meant if it was one upper body exercise, then I would likely choose dips.

Your gonna get an imbalance in whatever you choose for questions like this...

i meant if it was one upper body exercise, then I would likely choose dips.

Your gonna get an imbalance in whatever you choose for questions like this...

Yeah but with bench, you would get a injury type imbalance, you would probably get some pain too. With deadlifts or olympic clean and jerks you would have much less of an imbalance.

Deadlifts are definitely way better.

EM: Why in the hell would you do only dips? IMO that is almost as bad as just doing barbell curls in the squat rack. You'd develop some bad imbalances lol

i was on the verge of choosing squats because of one reason: you can do them more often...
i love deadlifting more than any other, but squats are right up there... they definately deserve more than 2 votes...

i was on the verge of choosing squats because of one reason: you can do them more often...
i love deadlifting more than any other, but squats are right up there... they definately deserve more than 2 votes...

Yeah for sure they deserve more votes. I imagine if all you did was deadlifted though couldn't you deadlift 2x a week?

Yeah but with bench, you would get a injury type imbalance, you would probably get some pain too. With deadlifts or olympic clean and jerks you would have much less of an imbalance.

yeah C&J would probably give you the least amount of imbalance but dont you think there would be a big differance in your tri strength compared to bi strength? And upper back compared to chest?

Yeah for sure they deserve more votes. I imagine if all you did was deadlifted though couldn't you deadlift 2x a week?

yeah this is what I thought, SouthernLord said squats cause he can do them multiple times a week but if I went to the gym 3x a week and Monday did deficit pulls, then Wwednesday did speed pulls and Friday did romanian deadlift Im pretty sure I could recovery from that if it was all I did and I kept the volume low, and it would also get my copnventional deadlift numbers up.

And if I was starting to get overtrained I would go back to directly working the deadlift and doing speed pulls on Tuesday and then conventional deads on Friday. Although some older guys may only be able to do it once a week or once every 9 days which would suck, I would hate to only lift once every 9 days...

Pullups are by far my favourite exercise. I look forward to doing these the most. Obviously not working the most muscles but nevermind.

Pullups are by far my favourite exercise. I look forward to doing these the most. Obviously not working the most muscles but nevermind.

Actually I'd say pullups are not a bad choice at all. They are a very natural movement and work your back and arms very well.

Top Bottom