Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I just found out what my bodyfat percentge is....drum rolls please.....

EnigmaWoman

OMG! 34.1%. How long will it take me to get this off? How often should I retest? I am following the Bodysculpting Bible for Women. 3 Days a week of cardio and 3 days a week of lifting. Should I do cardio everyday as well as life 3 days a week since my bf is so high?

Argh...I NEVER though I would be in the 30's!

I posted a pic of myself in the member picture forum if you would like to see me.

Thanks all!

Keep the cardio as it is and monitor your percentage every week or so. If you don't seem to be losing muscle after about two weeks, go ahead and do more cardio. It all depends on your body, because we're all different in terms of the rate at which we build/keep/burn off muscle. And really rely on a clean diet to burn off that fat for you.

Just curious--what does the weight program in that book look like?

EnigmaWoman said:
Thanks guys!

It was done with a fat caliber...tricep...front of thigh and abdomen.

Enigma, generally speaking, the fewer the bodily reference points measured, the less accurate the estimate of your bodyfat. If only 3 points on your body were measured the estimate could be off significantly. You might want to have a more comprehensive test done with at least 5 reference points to establish a more trustworthy baseline.

And even if your subcutaneous bodyfat content is in the 30% range that's still not particularly high....in fact it's pretty common. To put this in perspective, consider that your average, sedentary skinny minny who never pumps anything heavier than an eyebrow pencil is likely in the low to mid 20's.

If you've been pretty sedentary until lately then you will begin to lose fat at a steady rate. Just follow the basic routine you mentioned, without modifying it, for at least 16 consecutive weeks. Then for weeks 17-20 you can reassess the rate at which you're losing and possibly add cardio then. But right now even 3 days a week of cardio will enable significant fat loss.

Enigma,
I too am in the same boat I know my BF is around there or HIGHER. I am starting my routine and hope in 12 weeks I have seen some kind of GOOD results....ho humm.
I also have the body sculpting bible for women....if I would just stick with it long enough for results. I do like the routine that Jenscat posted so far.

Good luck!

When i started traning for my 1st show i was sitting at 23%body fat. i was on a 3 day cardio 5 day weights program. I re-tested 3 months latter i was at 18% and at the six month mark before my show i was at 13%. watch your diet its the most important part!

Top Bottom