Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help With Box Squats Please

I wasn't able to use a box last night. I got to the gym early and there was an aerobics class in the room where they keep the steps. So I just did normal squats.

BFold, I think you're right. I was a bit stymied by the box. It seemed so alien to have it there that I don't think I was really sitting back like I normally would do if it was absent.

And you are correct. I wear everyday tennis shoes. I know they're bad for squatting, but since I am not goiing into competition, I thought it would be okay. Maybe after we are all employed again I will invest in some better gym shoes.

Spatts, not the broom again! :p Well, okay. If I notice this problem Friday, I will drop the bar and get an aerobics stick (whatever those things are).

Temple, when I first started squats (albeit body weight and then up through those aerobics bar to an EZ bar with weights and finally to the "big person's bar") I definitely felt it in my groin afterward.

makedah said:
You can have you legs wider on a bench (if you straddle the bench). The difference is that those who do box squats tend to/want to have a box that is a custom height. With gym equipment, you have to make do. Also, the box is big enough that they don't have to worry about missing it when they sit back.

Thanks Makedah :)

You look like the the girl who plays in Yanni's Band? :D

Pamela :)

Okay - how do YOU know who is in Yanni's band? (snicker snicker)

I had to look this up. I guess you're talking about Karen Briggs:

kbriggs2a.jpg

I don't think I look like her. At any rate, my avatar is not a pic of me.

A smiley to the first person who can tell me who it is a pic of.

Imagine there is an egg on the box and you want to touch it but not break it. That works for me.

makedah said:
Okay - how do YOU know who is in Yanni's band? (snicker snicker)

I had to look this up. I guess you're talking about Karen Briggs:

kbriggs2a.jpg

I don't think I look like her. At any rate, my avatar is not a pic of me.

A smiley to the first person who can tell me who it is a pic of.

LOL @ Yanni's band.. :FRlol:

No your Avatar doesn't look like her.. My mistake.. :) The girl in Your Avatar is so much prettier than she.
But have you ever seen her play?

Not sure who your Avatar is though!

No, I've never seen Yanni's band or heard any of their music.

The woman in the avatar is Jill Scott, a singer/poet. She was also one of People Magazine's "Most Beautiful People" in 2001.

Pamela said:
What do you think about doing them on a Smith Machine?

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

B True

Top Bottom