Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does Cutting=Diffrent Type of Training?

Amica

OK I have already recieved so much help from everyone here over the past couple of years and wanted to thank you. I'm somewhat of a lurker and have realized that I need to be more of an active participant if I want to obtain all my training goals.

I am 5'3 135pds and about 16%bf. I am going to be starting a cutting plan this week. I only need to lose a few pounds. I eat fairly clean except that I do not pay attention to my calorie intake or macro break downs and on the weekends I tend to cheat a little , so diet wise I am just going to be a little more strict and watch my calorie and macro intakes. Also increasing protien and decreasing carbs.

I work out 5 days a week.
M- 40 min cardio (20min running/20 stairmaster); Back
T- 40 min cardio (20 min running/20 min elliptical); Chest
W-40 min cardio (20 min running/20 min stairmaster);Shoulders
Th- 40 min cardio (20 min running/20 min elliptical); Bis/Tris
F- 40 min cardio( all 40min running); Legs
Sat- OFF
Sun- OFF

I have been weight training for about seven years but have fallen into a stale program of focusing on one body part a day, 3 sets each exercise for 12-15 reps. I have made gains but was wondering if thier was a better way to train now that my goal is to cut instead of gaining strenght and mass?? I was thinking of adding sprints, but was unsure where in my week that would fit in. Please any ideas, comments, suggestions and critiques will be so appreciated! Thanks!

I would NOT add sprints-- your already doing enough (too much) cardio imo.

whats your diet look like? cutting is 80% diet/ 20% exercise.

Yes I do realize that deit is the key factor and realize that it will help to focus on that too. Right now I eat all clean foods, but i think I may over eat since I do not space it over over the day. By the time I do get to eat I'm so hungry that I end up eating until I'm uncomfortable full. A typical day for me is:

8:00(after cardio/weights)
Balance Bar
1 cup egg whites

B/TW12:00-1:00
Grilled Chicken with salad and light ranch dressing. A few pieces of cucumbers.

4:00- Large coffe w/cream and artifical sweetner

7:00pm- chicken/ gree beans (3 cups) w/ Fat Free Italian dressing

9:00- 2 cans tuna w/light ranch dressing/ brocolli (3 cups)

10:00- cup of tea with instant creamer

I know that I have to space out meals so that i am eating every few hours and I also realize I am lacking EFA. I believe that i am also using too much dressing and over eating on the veggies. I am planning on following DiasyGirl's diet so hopefully that will help with the dieting part of this. Any other suggestions?

Are you doing cardio after or before lifting?

Try doing it after lifting if you are not already doing this. That way your heart rate will already be increased when you go to do your cardio and that should improve you lifts and your fat loss. IMO.

I would avoid sprints unless they are going to replace some of the cardio that you already do.

Oh yeah, welcome, and keep posting. :)

Thank you for the advice and the welcome. I was actually thinking of substituting HITT training for the cardio that I was doing. I would probably end up killing myself if I tried to add it to what I was already doing. Would it be OK if I did this about three times a week making sure that I have at least one day of rest from HITT in between?

Amica said:
8:00(after cardio/weights)
Balance Bar
1 cup egg whites

B/TW12:00-1:00
Grilled Chicken with salad and light ranch dressing. A few pieces of cucumbers.

4:00- Large coffe w/cream and artifical sweetner

7:00pm- chicken/ gree beans (3 cups) w/ Fat Free Italian dressing

9:00- 2 cans tuna w/light ranch dressing/ brocolli (3 cups)

10:00- cup of tea with instant creamer

I know that I have to space out meals so that i am eating every few hours and I also realize I am lacking EFA. I believe that i am also using too much dressing and over eating on the veggies. I am planning on following DiasyGirl's diet so hopefully that will help with the dieting part of this. Any other suggestions?

Get rid of the coffee and dressings. Add LOTS more protein. See if you can get a meal in the morning there. You're going like 5 hours without anything. Try and eat something every 3 hours or so, and I would try to get about 25-30g of protein into every meal.

Write everything down you eat, and add everything up. For your bodyweight/BF%, I think about 1200-1300 cals a day should work well.

A homemade low dose ECA stack will help with energy during the day too.

From Zero said:
Get rid of the coffee and dressings. Add LOTS more protein. See if you can get a meal in the morning there. You're going like 5 hours without anything. Try and eat something every 3 hours or so, and I would try to get about 25-30g of protein into every meal.

Write everything down you eat, and add everything up. For your bodyweight/BF%, I think about 1200-1300 cals a day should work well.

A homemade low dose ECA stack will help with energy during the day too.
Hey haus...nothing wrong with coffee............

now the sweetners and such is another story.......but coffee is a-ok.......

Amica said:
Thank you for the advice and the welcome. I was actually thinking of substituting HITT training for the cardio that I was doing. I would probably end up killing myself if I tried to add it to what I was already doing. Would it be OK if I did this about three times a week making sure that I have at least one day of rest from HITT in between?

In that case it would be ok to do that and see how it works.

How were you planning to break down your workouts with the new HITT training?

I was going to do something like this:

M- 20min HITT, Back/Bis
T- 30 min cardio steady state moderate intensity, abs
W- 20min HITT, Chest, Tris and Shoulders
TH-30min cardio steady state moderate intensity,abs
F- 20min HITT, Legs
S-OFF
S-OFF

I will be runing intervals on a track for HITT training and then on steady state cardio days will alternate between the elliptical trainer and stair master. Is it OK to do HITT on days that I also lift so that I have a day in between do let my body recover a little? Also was wondering if it was a bad idea to do HITT Training on the day that I do Legs too? Thanks for the help everyone!

I wouldn't do them on the day that you work legs. You probably won't be able to do them anyway, your legs will be too tired, or they should be. I would just make sure that you don't overdo the regular cardio. Keep it at a moderate pace, or maybe even throw a day off during the week into the mix.

Top Bottom