Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critique my beginning diet:)

Actually, dairy and eggs are the highest quality protein sources with meat being a close second. The advantage of intact proteins, like meat and eggs, is the nutrients other than protein. For example, heme iron is the most bioavailable form and found in red meat. If it were pure amino acid profile then dairy and eggs, as well as the powders made from them, would be the best source of protein, period. I use a milk protein isolate which is cheap and maintains much of the mineral content of whole milk. I actually get over 100% of the RDI of magnesium just from my protein powder intake, 75% of Americans don't even meet those levels. I probably only consume around 120-150 grams of protein from whole food sources and the other 200g comes from my shakes and if nothing else it makes it easier cheaper and faster than eating 2.5 lbs of chicken breast a day.

That being said, I really dislike sports bar because they are generally nothing better than candy bars with some protein and vitamins thrown in. I would rather see you consume a protein shake and have a couple slices of whole grain bread or bowl of oatmeal than those crappy bars.

Top Bottom