Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bodyweight routine during lower back muscle pull

ammons

I've been lifting consistently for 2 years and would say I'm at a pretty decent strength level on all the key compounds (squats, deads, bench, row).

However, about two months ago I must've done something to my lower back and now it causes me sharp, acute pain to bend over, let alone squat or deadlift (and row is hard too).

I clearly can't continue the push-pull-legs split I've been doing, so I devised this alternative primarily bodyweight workout. I'll be doing this every other day, and on the off days either running or doing elliptical for legs.

Please let me know if you think this'll be good to continue building strength while de-emphasizing lower back. Note that many of these exercises will be performed weighted (i.e. chins)

(4x12/10/8/6) Wide Grip Pull Ups SUPERSET WITH
(4x12/10/8/6) Dips

(4xfailure) Tricep Pushups SUPERSET WITH
(4x12/10/8/6) Close Grip Chins

(3x12/10/8) EZ Bar Curls SUPERSET WITH
(3x12/10/8) EZ Bar Skullcrushers

(3x12/10/8) Reverse Preacher Curls

10 minutes abs
5 mins lower back stretches

Simply no. You need to see a doctor and find out how serious it is. Muscle pulls and strains dont last for months. I strained my back deadlifting 550 lbs 2 years ago and within 3 Weeks I was deadlifting again. I did rehab work on my back the whole time to speed recovery. I learned my lesson and now I live on posterior chain, and core work. This has not only helped me recover, but I also took my dl to over 700 lbs since. If its not a serious injury get your ass in the gym and rehab it. The whole reason you hurt it is your lower back was too weak. Your only as strong as your weakest link, find it and make it your best asset.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom