Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beyond Frustrated and need advise from Women who have been there

I've missed you guys!!! Just reading through this thread has got me all inspired! Qt, zed, Cali know their shit. Cali helped significantly in terms of diet for my first bodybuilding show. When any of them offer advice on here, I usually take it as gospel. :). Keep us posted on how you're doing!

Okay -- just put together a huge long post for an update and then it zapped out.

Its been 2 1/2 weeks into my 1 month trial of upping calories and tweaking the diet

used the f i t day log --- I had been at 900-1100 calories now am at 1400-1450 protien went from 150 to 185 g per day. Cheat day (sunday) is at 1700-1800 cals and 200g protein. Its as you call it "clean" except for my fake sweetener in my iced tea. no beef, no dairy, carbs on the fitday log show between 40-55 per day, 70 on cheat day.

began: 188 lbs
bf: caliper arm/thigh average: 20%

now, 2 1/2 weeks later:
192 lbs (WTH!!!)
bf: caliper arm/thigh average: 22% (DAMMIT!)

Workouts have not changed in timing or intensity. I spent forever typing them all in here and then it zapped out, so not doing it again. I have moved cardio to AFTER the workout. 25-30 minute HIIT 1 minute moderate 1 minute intense either stair climber, bike or treadmill depending on mood. I think you can see the basic workouts in an earlier post.

Sunday : heavy leg work out (cardio SUCKS after this workout) I have removed the extensions keeping the lunges for now and am working on my form with the olympic bar squats. This will take some time am only adding one 45# plate at this time until my form is good.
Monday: heavy arm (bi/tri) workout
Tuesday: 90 minutes Taekwondo
Wednesday: Back/ Shoulder workout
Thursday: 90 minute Taekwondo
Friday: Chest with light leg, longer cardio
Saturday: 90 minutes Taekwondo

I will post the complete workouts if anyone wants that information.

So seriously, gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks and increased the body fat?!?!!!! This is going backwards. For all this effort, I really need some results.

I am happy with my strength and instensity. My workouts are tough and good. I look forward to upping weights again in a week. Across the board I am 3X to 5X the weights I used to be lifting 1 year ago.

Keep on keeping on, or change radically, call the plastic surgeon or what?????

When is your menstrual cycle? When do you weight yourself is it the same time each time? Who is doing your caliper test? I know you have had a thyroid panel but I would suggest you start taking your temperature. Do you often feel cold?

Ir can take sometime to get results and have the body kick in understand your concern but you got to give it a fair shake even more than a month to be honest.

I was reminded of a thread I posted years back check it out http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...ining/scott-abel-metabolic-damage-493489.html

On my phone so excuse typos.
I weigh only in the morning upon awaking and after peeing.
Menstrual cycle is and always has been odd. It's either every 6 or 8 weeks. I'm either 3 or 5 weeks before right now.
I do know mentally but not emotionally that I need to be patient.

I'm never cold. In fact, usually overheated. I'm stripping while others are finding sweaters!

I was not tested for freeT3 and probably should perhaps.

I have one of the trainers at my gym do the caliper test. I figured he was at least "traine" unlike me.

The article you posted was absolutely fascinating. It feels a little bit like my life.

I will be learning more about Wilson's syndrome One of the most frustrating things is that physicians don't listen. Particularly to women about hormones!

Any other suggestions?

Trying to be patient and steadfast in my plan. I just think I've earned some results I don't have.

Hey KM. I applaud you for sticking to it so far even with things seemingly going the wrong way for you. But like Superq said it takes TIME. My best advice to you is KEEP POSTING ON HERE so that we can continue to support you.
Superq and Cali will take dam good care of you. I will be here to but their help is much superior to mine on the female hormone stuff.
Good job sista good job.

I have one of the trainers at my gym do the caliper test. I figured he was at least "traine" unlike me.

The article you posted was absolutely fascinating. It feels a little bit like my life.

I will be learning more about Wilson's syndrome One of the most frustrating things is that physicians don't listen. Particularly to women about hormones!

Any other suggestions?

Trying to be patient and steadfast in my plan. I just think I've earned some results I don't have.
Yeah when I was reading over your posts I was like this sounds familiar like I have read this some where. It happens a lot after peoples first contest preps etc if things are extreme.

I know it's hard to be patient but I promise if you stick to things you will see a change it just may take time for your body to adjust get back in a grove of fat burning.

I remember a mod posting a long time ago when someone else was having similar issues people don't get fat on chicken and green beans. Keep to the healthy diet it's going to come it may take sometime but I swear it will come.

As for the trainer it's really hard to say how good they are it not an exact science. Also not to sound totally pessimistic but are they also trying to sell you training and there plan? Just a thought...

Have you taken pictures? How are you clothes fitting etc anything feel looser? Sometimes the best scale is the mirror.

I'm a big Scott Able fan in terms of his writings on metabolic damage and the mind games we can play with ourselves. Check out his blog and his sites. I'm with QT on this one. Give it at least a month. I think your body will adjust and start to work more efficiently. If everything else is good, in terms of blood work etc....just gotta hang in there. I know it's a trip!!

Yes deff take pics and pay attention to how your cloths fit. Much better indicators then the scale.

<<<Arent these gr8?
I just love em!!

Thanks guys! you have opened up a new vein for some research into this potential metabolic thing. And, I really need the cheer leading! YAY! You guys have great pom poms.

About 10 years ago, after my 4th late term miscarriage (each in the 3rd trimester), I had a bout not only with depression but also a thyroid problem resulting from pre-eclampsia (gestational high blood pressure along with kidney failure). They put me on high dose Synthroid for 3 months then weaned me off. Since then my panels which are run annually, always come back "normal" I had no reason to think that maybe something was going on.

At about age 38 started gaining weight with no changes to my diet/activity. So, I upped activity and dropped calories. Problem solved. This pattern has been repeating itself for going on for years until I am now in this miserable spot. Continually dropping calories, adding activity just to maintain. I know I cannot drop any more calories, and there is no way activity can really be upped from its current level without quitting the job that pays the bills, or trying to see if one can sleep while on a recumbant bike.

Temps -- so being the crazy parents that we are, we have one of those fancy ear thermometers ... so I am guessing these are accurate. ($250 thermometer, it had better be!)
Thursday night (before bed) 98.1
Friday Am upon waking 97.6
Friday noon (after lunch) 98.3
Friday evening before bed 98.2
Saturday morning 97.7
Saturday noon immediately after sparring class 98.6
Saturday 3pm 98.1

So, these are looking low.

The protocal for the Wilson Syndrome that you mentioned is to add T3. Low doses for 2-6 weeks and then the body usually auto-corrects. That would be cool.

The scale is indeed just a tool. If I look great and weigh in at 300#s I wouldn't care at all. (actually I would be darn proud of that!)

In the past 2 1/2 weeks, well, now, 3 weeks, I have definitely put on some fat. I can feel it around my waist and see it on my face YUCK! I will allow a picture to be taken of me when I think I look okay, until then, I am the paper bag! :) I will be pulling out the winter wardrobe in a few weeks (I am in Vegas its still 100 degrees outside), that will be quite telling as I haven't put these on in 9 months.

I will not give up, and will see if my body will correct itself with this new program before adding any meds or self-medicating. It is nice to see there might be something else going on, not just my being a lazy fat person. LOL

Top Bottom