Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

All gearheads respond....

I agree with both of you guys. But the truth of the matter is, a CAI in a 6000 lbs caddy isnt gonna feel like anything....It'll sound really good, and make him jam on the gas more, and there goes any percieved fuel economy.

I agree with both of you guys. But the truth of the matter is, a CAI in a 6000 lbs caddy isnt gonna feel like anything....It'll sound really good, and make him jam on the gas more, and there goes any percieved fuel economy.

exactly.... it's really trial and error. its his car so do what you want. it dresses up the engine bay quite nicely... i actually did the mpg mods which ironically are hp mods too. CAI,ud pulley,full exhaust in my truck and get 17 city last time i drove up to d block i averaged 25 hwy on the way up and 27 on the way back!? depends how you drive but for a 5.7L hemi that ain't bad at all. is the northstar still the 4.6L???

.... But the truth of the matter is, a CAI in a 6000 lbs caddy isnt gonna feel like anything....It'll sound really good, and make him jam on the gas more, and there goes any percieved fuel economy.
yup!

exactly.... it's really trial and error. its his car so do what you want. it dresses up the engine bay quite nicely... i actually did the mpg mods which ironically are hp mods too. CAI,ud pulley,full exhaust in my truck and get 17 city last time i drove up to d block i averaged 25 hwy on the way up and 27 on the way back!? depends how you drive but for a 5.7L hemi that ain't bad at all. is the northstar still the 4.6L???

5.7L 4x4 truck...27hwy?

BULLSHIT!!!!!!

5.7L 4x4 truck...27hwy?

BULLSHIT!!!!!!

with no mods at all (other than a bed cover) i got over 25mpg highway with my 4x4 gmc sierra regular cab (pre-kids) with a 4.8L vortec. . .and my 4x4 suburban (also no mods) gets 20mpg highway with a 5.3L vortec. . .no bullshit. . .

however, i too doubt his mileage claims. . .dodge and ford (gasoline) motors don't come close to chevy when it comes to making power and getting decent mileage. . .

Dont do performance mods that will hurt your torque. Horsepower increases in a car that weighs that much aren't worth it if it drops the torque.

with no mods at all (other than a bed cover) i got over 25mpg highway with my 4x4 gmc sierra regular cab (pre-kids) with a 4.8L vortec. . .and my 4x4 suburban (also no mods) gets 20mpg highway with a 5.3L vortec. . .no bullshit. . .

however, i too doubt his mileage claims. . .dodge and ford (gasoline) motors don't come close to chevy when it comes to making power and getting decent mileage. . .

you like that 327 in the suburban???? my dad had a silverado w/ that engine (i think it was an 04) and it was quick! Better than the 350

you like that 327 in the suburban???? my dad had a silverado w/ that engine (i think it was an 04) and it was quick! Better than the 350

it's stroked version of the 4.8. . .so the weight difference is nominal. . .and yeah. . .it makes good power. . .and "right now". . .doesn't have any problem pushing the ocean-going grocery-getter around :)

nqs0v8.jpg

5.7L 4x4 truck...27hwy?

BULLSHIT!!!!!!

that's what i thought too. maybe the compass/fuel economy computer on top is broken!? i'm going to monitor the mileage AND the computer next time to see how much difference there is between them. i'm not claiming those mods made it shoot up that much. i'm just saying thats what the computer read last time. but the trip home was pretty much down hill and i set the cruise 10mph under the speed limit so maybe it was possible.

How 'bout in a 4009 lb. Caddy?

'Cause that's the advertised curb weight of a DTS...

Top Bottom