Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

All gearheads respond....

Ok I didn't read all of the posts but I am quite experienced with modifying cars so heres my input. A cold air intake is a nice performance mod for naturally aspirated engines. It will actually increase your mileage by increasing the efficiency of the engine. More air in is complimented by more air out which would be a catback exhaust and maybe headers if youre looking to spend a lil dough. Together those mods will increse responsiveness, torque, horsepower and fuel efficiency. It should take around 3 to 4 hours to install the intake and exhaust if you do it yourself, barring any unseen problems or stupid design on the manufacturers part (bolts you need THE tool to get off)

Ok I didn't read all of the posts but I am quite experienced with modifying cars so heres my input. A cold air intake is a nice performance mod for naturally aspirated engines. It will actually increase your mileage by increasing the efficiency of the engine. More air in is complimented by more air out which would be a catback exhaust and maybe headers if youre looking to spend a lil dough. Together those mods will increse responsiveness, torque, horsepower and fuel efficiency. It should take around 3 to 4 hours to install the intake and exhaust if you do it yourself, barring any unseen problems or stupid design on the manufacturers part (bolts you need THE tool to get off)

lol...It won't increase your mileage that much. Hell..I bet he won't even notice. You will get a lil throttle response, and a cool sound.

But really..it doesn't do much. Not by itself anyways.

lol...It won't increase your mileage that much. Hell..I bet he won't even notice. You will get a lil throttle response, and a cool sound.

But really..it doesn't do much. Not by itself anyways.
yep!

I'm concerned about a potential decrease in engine longevity. There's no way around the fact that K&N filters flow better because they allow larger particles to pass through. I'd be interested in seeing what the piston rings look like after 60K miles?

I'm concerned about a potential decrease in engine longevity. There's no way around the fact that K&N filters flow better because they allow larger particles to pass through. I'd be interested in seeing what the piston rings look like after 60K miles?

lol....

are you kidding? Nothing is going to get through that filter. Go compare a stock filter to a k&n..your stock filter is garbage.

Thats not true they use better materials which allow more flow while still filtering the air. Not to mention being larger surace area as well. As for the naysayers, they are the same people telling you that turbo motors blow after 80k and 8 cyls rule all. My credentials are owning a 2 liter 400 all wheel horsepower car that gets 26-28 mpg that was daily driven for 40k miles.

Top Bottom