Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

All gearheads respond....

I would wait for atleast 6 months until you do any alteration my friend!
As stated above I didn't see any alterations you mentioned available but I didn't want to get pwoned for my lack of googability!

arabian, i tried a K&N air filter on my grand marquis and my lincoln town car....i cannot tell much (if any!) change in performance OR gas milage.

for whatever it's worth.......

for performance. . .quarter it before and after. . .some place that has electronics. . .do 10 passes each. . .or do before and after on a chassis dyno. . .that stuff isn't nearly as expensive as it was a few years ago. . .lots of speed shops have them (chassis dyno's)now. . .

a monkey could do it with his eyes closed.

you're not going to notice any benefits from that. for every part you buy you have to buy something else to "help" the gains promised for just that one part you bought. example: cold air intake gained 12hp. never in a million years... with a maf/throttle body and a tune. i'll give it the 12hp rating but with those extra parts you just spent close to or over a grand for 12 hp you won't notice or feel. don't know what your intentions with the car are but you'd be better off just dropping a k&n filter in it and worrying about something else on it.

you're not going to notice any benefits from that. for every part you buy you have to buy something else to "help" the gains promised for just that one part you bought. example: cold air intake gained 12hp. never in a million years... with a maf/throttle body and a tune. i'll give it the 12hp rating but with those extra parts you just spent close to or over a grand for 12 hp you won't notice or feel. don't know what your intentions with the car are but you'd be better off just dropping a k&n filter in it and worrying about something else on it.

not true bro, not true at all. i have seen MANY MANY dyno graphs and dyno pulls in person to prove what you just said wrong. a filter/intake can open up the "breathing" ability of a vehicle greatly. most MAF sensor (depending on vehicle) can handle WAY more air flow than the stock intake will allow.

not true bro, not true at all. I have seen many many dyno graphs and dyno pulls in person to prove what you just said wrong. A filter/intake can open up the "breathing" ability of a vehicle greatly. Most maf sensor (depending on vehicle) can handle way more air flow than the stock intake will allow.

+1

not true bro, not true at all. i have seen MANY MANY dyno graphs and dyno pulls in person to prove what you just said wrong. a filter/intake can open up the "breathing" ability of a vehicle greatly. most MAF sensor (depending on vehicle) can handle WAY more air flow than the stock intake will allow.

i didn't say it won't help the engine breath. i said he's not going to notice it... if a stock ecu is not set up to "breath" it will have a reverse effect. the maf will tell the ecu more air is coming in and the ecu will add more fuel to the mix resulting in minimum mpg gains if any. the gains aren't noticeable (besides hearing it suck air in) regardless. the gains are there on paper but actually feeling the extra few hp via driving, it's all mental.

i'd put money that if he does get a CAI he'll lose 1-2 mpg than doing a filter swap. cars come from the factory and have to meet the CAFE standards for fuel efficiency. in other words they're VERY restricted breathing wise. more air= more hp but more air isn't always a good thing when mpg is wanted more than hp.

Top Bottom