Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

All gearheads respond....

Arabian

Elite Mentor
Platinum
I bought an 07 DTS with the 275 northstar and would like to pua cold air intact on it as well as a few minor mods.. how involoved is installing a cold air intact? what else can I do that will enbale an increase in hp bout not decrease mileages.... Im not looking for anything drastic, thanks

move to car mechanic section .... o wait there isnt 1:confused:

cold air intakes are usually pretty easy. . .direct bolt-on. . .couple hours work max. . .

you can also go with a cat-back exhaust (to get the most from your intake, you gotta loosen up the exhaust a little too. . .your engine is an "airpump". . .if you make it easier for the air to get in, you ought to make it easier for it to get out too). . .you may also want to look in to an aftermarket mass airflow sensor too. . .

with those three items you'll definitely get a noticeable kick in the pants. . .plus it will sound bitchin'. . .

Most performance mods don't help the fuel mileage at all. The three things mentioned above shouldn't hurt it much if it does at all.

How long it takes depends on you.

arabian, i tried a K&N air filter on my grand marquis and my lincoln town car....i cannot tell much (if any!) change in performance OR gas milage.

for whatever it's worth.......

im pretty sure a good intake helps gas milleage .. could be wrong

The filter itself isn't going to do much at all. If you can find a reputable company that makes a CAI for your car that will help. A catback exaust will also help. You can check to see if they make a power programmer for your car also, but I doubt it. all of those are "bolt on" mods and can be done with a basic set of tools.

Or..Trade the DTS in on a CTS-V :D:D:D

Top Bottom