Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rows

Is it the Hammer strength High Row? That is a good machine. Most people I see using it make it a bicep movement though. I did these my last training cycle.

I believe it is, the row is high and the handles are verticle and the motion is forward and pulling it back.. hits the upper middle of my back good.

heres what i do..

Deadlifts
Pullups wide
chinups close, wrists facing me
tbar wide
tbar close
then that row machine with free weight

There is a lower row machine there also I was thinking of trying that at some point.

I believe it is, the row is high and the handles are verticle and the motion is forward and pulling it back.. hits the upper middle of my back good.

heres what i do..

Deadlifts
Pullups wide
chinups close, wrists facing me
tbar wide
tbar close
then that row machine with free weight

There is a lower row machine there also I was thinking of trying that at some point.

That's the one. I like all the hammer strength machines. My old gym had a plate loaded HS dip machine that was almost as good as weighted dips imo. I wish still had access to that thing.

This is a good way to separate your back training. I like to do chin/pullups prior to DLs as I find it helps me "warm Up" to the deadlifts. I do Deads last because I am totally spent after. I am currently training my chins and pull ups without any external weight. I do them rest paused and I am shooting for a set of thirty reps. My last chin day looked like 14+7+5 for a total of 26. This is one set and it is rest paused. 14 reps to failure then 15 deep breaths(about 25 seconds), 7 reps to failure then 15 breaths, then 5 reps to failure. When I hit my target of 30 reps with body weight, which should be next week, I will add weight until I hit thirty again. I know this looks kinda crazy, maybe even stupid, but it works and it's tough. BTW, I am using straps for these, but they are done dead hang.

sounds like a lot of work in a short amount of time. i usually do them fast but thats pretty intense. dead hang is how i approach these to. i do something similar for bw chins. i shoot for fifty in as few sets as possible, no straps though.

i like the progression, it seems at some point with a lot of weight its going to get real tough.

Don't discount bent barbell rows. Not only will these work the back just as hard, they are great for helping with core and hamstring strength. A simple rule is to never do anything seated that you can do standing and never use a machine when you can use free-weights.

Don't discount bent barbell rows. Not only will these work the back just as hard, they are great for helping with core and hamstring strength. A simple rule is to never do anything seated that you can do standing and never use a machine when you can use free-weights.

bent over barbell rows is the only row!! don't forget to de-weight each rep from the floor. great post!

bent over barbell rows is the only row!! don't forget to de-weight each rep from the floor. great post!

Thanks. You are right that generally de-weighting is preferred but, there is a strong argument for keeping tension on the hamstrings while doing BB rows.

Hey, for the year I have been training, I've focussed mainly on chins/pullups for back, to the point where I can do 5 reps of wide pull ups with 35%+ of my bodyweight attached.

However, I've found they do nothing for my back in terms of size or muscle fatigue. I've switched to rows for the last couple of weeks and noticed I feel it far more in the lats (doing 90 degrees - I have to bend my knees to do this, but I think I've got the form pretty good). At this stage I'm doing bodyweight rows (5 reps).

QUESTION: could I be doing chins/pull ups wrong? I get no sense of muscle burn/fatigue from them, and never got any back with them (I was deadlifting also). I suspect 2 months of rowing for me is going to see more progress than the previous year of chins. Interestingly, while I didn't weight train at 17 (I'm 25 now), I used to do unweighted chins every second day, at one stage could do 40, and in retrospect the same thing happened (no muscle growth or soreness). And also, its not as if the chins gave me bisceps either

Top Bottom