Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should I bulk or cut? info in the thread

BuildEyal

Hey
im new here so if its the wrong forum dont kill me :p
Im in the gym for 2.5~ months, and before that i was doing calisthenics for 3.5~ months.
During the calisthenics period i was a complete newbie and ate like 2900-3100 cals a day, being a 15 years old teen, height 1.75 meters.
In 2 months i got from 66kg to 71kg ( built muscle as well ), and my fat has gotten just a little high (i think)
Now im in a dilema - i dunno if i should cut or bulk.
I was eating 2600~2700 cals a day, eating around 80-120gr of protein a day. ( 2~3 weeks ago i started taking protein shakes, 1 a day, so now i intake around 105-120 grams a day )
I stayed on 71-72kg for 1.5~2 months now, but my triceps and lats have gotten huge, and my legs got built a little.
Maybe i built muscle and lost the same amount of fat in the same time?
I really wanna build more muscle, but im afraid to get fat.
My main goal IS to build muscle, but is there a way to do it and burn fat in the same time?
All the things i found in the internet didnt really help me to find a solution
What do you recommend me to do?
I dont wanna be fat(ish) when summer begins

I added some pics of me to show whats my current body physique
can somebody estimate my body %?

Last edited:
I'll try to be as nice as possible but this question is normally one I'd skip over because it makes no sense.... at all. If you want to lose extra body fat with the expense of a little muscle then cut. If you want more muscle with the expense of a little body fat then bulk. How would anyone on here know your goals and what you want your end results to be?

~johnycoolnuts~

Bulk till you feel like you've gained what you where looking for and cut when your unhappy with how much fat you carry

Based on your pics, I don't know that getting fat is something you have to concern yourself with. I'd say bulk up and when you feel like you're getting too big, incorporate cardio while keeping your caloric intake the same. again, you look like an ectomorph (extremely fast metabolism, hard to gain weight) so keep eating a lot and lifting. one more thing, you can't have your cake and eat it too. if you want to get bigger, you're not going to maintain the same lean look you currently have. not for a couple of years anyhow

It all comes down to personal preference. Do you want to be cut or do you want to be bigger? Pick a goal and go for it. Personally I like staying lean while adding mass, but that's just my opinion. It's all about what YOU want to achieve

I can't see your pics on my phone for some reason but IMO if you've only been hitting the gym for such a short time I'd keep going with what you're doing. When you're new to weight lifting your body has the ability to add muscle and lose fat. It's short lived (6 months or so) but these results can be seen with even a non optimal diet.

If with Rick on staying lean even when I bulk. I'll never go back to getting fat while bulking. I will stay at 10%bf max but that's what I prefer
If you wanted to focus on diet more and add weight my suggestion is about 1g protein per lb body weight and .45g fat per lb body weight. Then adjust carbs accordingly. If you're gaining too much fat cut back on carbs if you're not gaining enough weight (muscle) add in carbs.

Just my 2 cents

Sent from my SM-N900T using EliteFitness

Top Bottom