Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need some Dieting Help.

Asynchronouse

Well Here's the deal, I have been reading here a lot over the years and I figure you guys and gals know tons about dieting so I am just going to get to the point.

Here is my situation, I am a Marine and I gained to much weight so now I am part of the Fat body platoon and unless I lose the weight I will get Separated From service. I also need to get my Physical Fitness Test Scores up drastically. (PFT Events 3-mile Run, 2min Crunches, and max set of Pull Ups"chin ups")

Current weight: 202 LBS
Marine Corp Set Goal: 165-175
Height 5'8"
Current BF 22%
Marine Corp Set Goal: 18% or less

current PFT scores :
3 Miles run - 34 Min
Crunches - 100
Pull ups - 4

Any help you gents can give would be greatly appreciated. Any questions or any other information that would be helpful please let me know and i will try to get it to you as soon as i can.

-Asynch

Monday 19 apr 2010
starting eight 200.1

Morning cardio- 11M Bike Ride
30 Burpees
25 Assisted Pull ups

Breakfast- 1 scrambled egg w/ black pepper, 1/2 cup oats. 8oz water
snack- 1 green apple 8 0z water
lunch- 1 can Tuna plus fresh baby spinach w/mustard on whole wheat tortilla 8oz water
snack- skipped 8 ox water
Dinner- 2cups vegetarian chili with TVP zucchini squash assorted beans carrots, half kosher dill pickle 8 oz water

WORKOUT- 3.2M run/JOG plus attempted 300 workout.

Snack- 2 oz chicken breast with lemon pepper spinach salad with lemon juice as dressing (carrots, half a tomato, celery and kosher dill pickle cubes. 8oz water

Last edited:
I've got you at 1,365 kcals, and no more than 1,500 even with some other misc foods. That's not near enough for your body weight. Will you lose weight on that diet? Yeah. Will you lose some fat? Yeah. Will you lose a ton of strength, endurance, and muscle? You bet. Also, I think you're going to feel pretty crappy eating even 1800 kcals per day, much less 1,400.

I don't even know if you're going to lose proportionally much body fat, since you're essentially starving yourself. Your body doesn't know you can go to the grocery store to get food, so in order to protect your organs, it's going to hold onto body fat to survive, especially if you're running over three miles per day. With such a catabolic diet, you think you're going to be able to do even five pull ups by the time it's all said and done? You'd have a rough time with that.

You need approx. 3,539 kcals assuming you're very active and you're 20 years old.

I would do something like this:

breakfast:

3 eggs, 1 cup rolled oats

lunch:

8 oz chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup broccoli

dinner:

8 oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup broccoli

night meal:

3 eggs, 2 scoops casein

for snacks in between your meals I'd drink some 2% milk and have a little bit of fruit if you like. This is just a very basic example, but this would put you somewhere around 2,600-2,700 kcals, which is much better than where you're at.

OK I will Modify my diet for Tomorrow (Thursday) and post. My problem is I just do not feel hungry feel full with just that amount of food. Would you recommend adding any other foods, besides just more kcals?

OK I will Modify my diet for Tomorrow (Thursday) and post. My problem is I just do not feel hungry feel full with just that amount of food. Would you recommend adding any other foods, besides just more kcals?

Whats ur situation? how long do u have? do u have chow hall access? Are u in the field? can u eat when u need to or is it restricted by duty?

I think u need to up protien drastically. Probably 150-200g a day, your at about 60g a day. Need to up that to preserve muscle mass. Since strength is going to be a factor in your venture here. Buy Some protien powder that should help greatly. The diet that maverick outlined was good but what u can eat probably depends what your life in the marines is like. If possible do your cardio at 0-dark-thirty when u wake up. do it fasted. then later in the day or on days that you dont run get into the gym and hit the weights 3 times a week. This will increase metabolism thus ramp up appetite and also give energy. Also do your crunches and chins every couple days since thats your main goal. Youll be suprised how much lifting weights helps burning fat and increasing strength for bw movements like those.

Sorry for taking so long to reply but work keeps me busy sometime, I will not be in the field or anything for 6 months. I have access to anything id need food exercise equipment, you name it. I have some whey powder and I raised my caloric intake to that you recommended uamaverick.

I have 5 months i would like to get it done before then but i know it will be tough but its nothing right a little hard work defiantly never hurt anything.

-Asy

Sorry for taking so long to reply but work keeps me busy sometime, I will not be in the field or anything for 6 months. I have access to anything id need food exercise equipment, you name it. I have some whey powder and I raised my caloric intake to that you recommended uamaverick.

I have 5 months i would like to get it done before then but i know it will be tough but its nothing right a little hard work defiantly never hurt anything.

-Asy

Post your modified diet. Now that you fixed your diet, are you planning to begin weight training? If you don't you're robbing yourself of heap loads of progress. Do your self a favor and hit the weights bro. You're gonna need all the muscle and endurance you can get where you're going and weight training will provide you that and much more.

Top Bottom