Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent Fasting Diet

I'd did some searching on here but couldn't really find anything that explains the diet in detail. It sounds interesting, I've always done the 6-8 meal a day diet. But never rule out possibilities of change.

I'd like to hear what the guys here think of the diet and how their day is planned around eating with at IF diet. Thanks.

yea i changed to IFing about a year n a half ago n ill never go back to small frequent meals n constant hunger but it aint for everyone give it a try n see i think most people will know within a couple of weeks if its for you . im not to strict with the fasting/feeding times sometimes im 16/8 sometimes im 18/6(this is my normal set up) and a couple of times 20/4 it all depends on my daily schedule .

That's a great read. How do you feel during the fasted hours? And does most everyone do the 10g bcaa's or something else? Does anyone think this effects their workouts in a negative way?

as i said ive IF'ed for a good while and like all forms of dieting/training you'll have to try things for yourself to see whats best for you . during the fasted periods i feel great better than the feeding periods infact with no feelings of hunger at all and when i pass the 12 hour mark i feel like ive had about 100/150 mg caffiene . ive gradually adapted my training as follows for cardio(after about 14/16 hours fasting) i'll either walk( in winter with no bcaa's) with my dog or bike ride (during warmer weather) for about 35/45 mins with 5g bcaa then come home (i train in my garage) have 25g whey n 50g hi gi carbs n about 30 mins later hit the iron for about 70/90 mins then pwo ill have another 25g whey n 50g hi gi carbs then ill normally have 1 other meal maybe 2 till i hit my daily macs/cals . i tried fasted training and found there was no difference except after about 50/60 mins my energy started dropping off so i started to experiment with carbs pre w/o .

I've been IFing for the last 3 months and have made more progress reducing body fat then ever in my life... Including some drastic cutting periods where I'd consume pre-portioned meals, like clockwork, every 2-3 hours.

I've also managed to keep my scale weight relatively stable the entire time, implying a gain (visually, it goes beyond "implying") of lean tissue.

I typically fast from 10pm every day, and through most of the work-day until 2:30pm. At this time I have a whey protein shake or a serving of BCAA's (since I'm fairly intolerant to whey protein) or some lactose-free milk. I consume a 500Kcal (60g protein, 35g carbs, 10g healthy fats) meal of lean protein and complex carbs around 3:30pm (typically consists of a tuna/mackerel melt sandwich in hemp/flax bread), which allows some digestion time before my 6pm workout. After working out I'll consume my other daily 1500Kcal of high protein, lean foods. I absolutely cannot train in a "fasted" state (nor do I think this is advocated), but I do spend most of my active waking hours fasted. Once a week I break fast and consume 3000Kcal, usually on my heavy squat or deadlift day, to keep my long-term metabolism up.

Though I do have hunger pangs, I'm more alert and focused during the waking hours. I usually engage in at least 45m light cardio (uphill walking at lunch time) during the fasted period.

This seems like what I naturally do just due to time constraints of my day but everyone used to tell me how terrible waiting all day to eat was and that I needed 6 meals to keep the metabolism going all day to burn fat....This is a much more realistic plan for people that actually have lives and dont have time to plan out 6 meals a day.

-Legacy

Since i switched to this diet i have been losing weight (2.5 lbs) a week. Ive been 220lbs for the last couple of weeks but im adding a little muscles while burning fat. This shouldnt be called a diet, it's a complete lifestyle change. Im sticking with this way of eating forever because im getting results and i never felt this good in a long time.

IF is seriously the shit. Best of all, it has loads of science to back it up.

Try it...you wont be disappointed.

Top Bottom