Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cutting, What foods to avoid?

muscelove

Im cutting right now and want to know what foods to avoid completely. I know that i shouldnt have cake and ice cream and thats fine. Hows milk, peanut butter, fruit, and anything else? I dont want to be doing all this cardio if the foods are cancelling it out

muscelove said:
Im cutting right now and want to know what foods to avoid completely. I know that i shouldnt have cake and ice cream and thats fine. Hows milk, peanut butter, fruit, and anything else? I dont want to be doing all this cardio if the foods are cancelling it out

Milk- too much sugar and fat
PB- if its all natural
fruit- limit to breakfast
Everything else should be low/med. GI(carbs)(except for pwo,dextrose), omega 3 fats, EFA, Lean protein

Howbout working out while cutting. I have a good amount of muscle on me but will working out be pointless if I am not taking in enough calories to build muscle. Right. Im doin Abs though

Don't count on building muscle while you are cutting, it's not really a common thing, so expect a loss or no change in LBM.

I disagree, saturated fats are good for improving your hormonal balance (not your health- although MCTs are the exception) - note MCTs are superb for cutting.

The main things you want to avoid is eating carbs and fat at night time or when inactive (as they will store as body fat)

Eat your carbs at breakfast and after training. Fats should be consumed at this time and during the day. - MCTs (having a shorter carboon length are more easily broken down into energy and are easily utilzed) - on top of lowering the glycemic index - the former function provides the user with energy when carbs are depleted, and means that the MCTs will be less likely to be stored as fat (coconut oil is a bettersource as it contains vits and minerals)- MCTS also have 8.3kcal/g as opposed to 9kcals/g in normal fats.
They also have a thermogenic effect on the body (akin to that of protein)

Stay away from high glycemic foods - its surprising what you can and can't eat

e.g Pineapple - hi GI, apple - low GI

Wholewheat bread hi GI, chocolate sponge cake/ice cream low GI
Anything that contains dairy products or high protein is generally low GI - this is why chocolate is low GI.

There are many exhaustive GI lists on the net, designed to assist diabetics.

Many people advise about staying off dairy products- however a recent study showed that a reduced fat casein group held on to more muscle than the whey group (milk and casein are anti-catabolic - forming a bolus in the stomach that releases amino acids slowly) - for this reason whey protein is not particualrly good on a diet (unless taken after training)

Oatmeal and skimmed milk is an excellent way to strt the day - high fibre fills you up, relatively low cals, low glycemic steady source of energy that doesn't spike insulin.

If hunger is a prob - stay away from low fibre foods aka atkins diet. - although you can supplement with fibre (psyllium husks are amongst the best sources - avena sativa- green oats might be even better, as it is linked with increases in testosterone.

The only fats you want to avoid are hydrogenated - man made fats that are harder to breakdown (additional Hydrogens added to the carbon chain), and hence more easily store as body fat

SPORT SCIENTIST said:
Oatmeal and skimmed milk is an excellent way to strt the day - high fibre fills you up, relatively low cals, low glycemic steady source of energy that doesn't spike insulin.

I thought lactose (milk sugar) excreted a large release of insulin despite having a low GI?

|D_J^B_J| said:
I thought lactose (milk sugar) excreted a large release of insulin despite having a low GI?

This is not true - it is the slow digeting nature, that accounts for the is low GI. A low GI by definition means that blood glucose is secreted slowly and hence insulin production is not greatly effected. Check any GI list and you will see that any food that contains dairy, especially chocolate! has a low GI. Wth all due respect, I hardly think that diabetics would fanatically follow GI lists, consuming milk proteins in the process, if they secreted a large amount of insulin into the blood

- milk proteins are is the main ingredient in night time protein shakes for this reason -they digest slowly, being anti catabolic, and keep blood glucose, especially that of fasting blood glucose, more even. However milk protein isolate might be better for this purpose as it contains few carbs, and has a more optimal ratio of amino acids to promote sleep- (casein can be quite stimulating, as it contains large amounts of phenylalanine)

Another thought:

A substantial amount of scientific research has accumulated over the last 4 years that supports what appears to be a very unlikely concept for effective weight loss. Dietary calcium is now thought to play a key role in the regulation of energy metabolism and whether an individual gains or loses body fat. Diets that are rich in calcium appear to prevent fat gain as well as increase fat metabolism, thereby markedly accelerating the process of shedding body fat.

While the beneficial impact of a high calcium intake on fat loss is clear, a review of the literature shows that dairy calcium appears to provide the greatest fat-loss effect of all calcium sources. Even without calorie-restriction, increasing the intake of dairy proteins is shown to reduce body fat and increase fat-free mass in a number of populations. Although the bioactive constituents responsible for dairy calcium’s beneficial effects on fat metabolism remain the subject of speculation.

Last edited:
how bout a good dose of yogurt before bed? Is this considered the same as milk? (when I refer to milk and yogurt I mean all the low fat or skim types)

Top Bottom