Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Contest vs. off-season diet......

JKurz1

Banned
My brother <------------------ is just gearing up for a local (very small) show. He didn't ask me to assist, as he has some guru helping him, but I was wondering...........He does cardio 1st thing, then has a meal of 3/4 cup steel cut, 1/2 grapfruit and 1.5 scoops of protein about an hour later............pretty decent. Next, he has a myoplex w/ 1tb of flax about 2 hours later. Then his 3rd meal is 1/2 cup of brown rice and 6oz of chicken w/ sopme greens.....

My thoughts were to remove the myoplex, and eat 2 pieces of whole wheat, low carb bread....one half with maybe a tb of anpb, the other with a very lean ostrich, tuna, bison patty.........Which do you think would not only yield better results (muscle repair wise) but keep in the leanest while adding as much lean mass as possible?

Would your thoughts change if he were bulking? K for yo help...........

another thought was another 1/2 cup of oats and some protein, but he says he gets to bloated...........again, thanks.

JKurz1 said:
My brother <------------------ is just gearing up for a local (very small) show. He didn't ask me to assist, as he has some guru helping him, but I was wondering...........He does cardio 1st thing, then has a meal of 3/4 cup steel cut, 1/2 grapfruit and 1.5 scoops of protein about an hour later............pretty decent. Next, he has a myoplex w/ 1tb of flax about 2 hours later. Then his 3rd meal is 1/2 cup of brown rice and 6oz of chicken w/ sopme greens.....

My thoughts were to remove the myoplex, and eat 2 pieces of whole wheat, low carb bread....one half with maybe a tb of anpb, the other with a very lean ostrich, tuna, bison patty.........Which do you think would not only yield better results (muscle repair wise) but keep in the leanest while adding as much lean mass as possible?

Would your thoughts change if he were bulking? K for yo help...........

another thought was another 1/2 cup of oats and some protein, but he says he gets to bloated...........again, thanks.

why is he eating 1/2 grapfruit in the AM after workingout? I dont' see any logic to that.

His meal plan should be something like this:
(1)
1 cup oats - natural
2 whole eggs 5 whites
1 tbsp. all natural peanut butter

(2)
60%egg/30%caseinate/10%whey (is the protein he should use - www.proteinfactory.com)
3 scoops of protein
1 tbsp. of MCT

(3)
1 large salad
6oz. lean steak
1/4 cup walnuts

etc.....

he needs to lay off the carbs and clean up his diet - things like grapefruit/rice etc... are not needed precontest.

Mr.X

JKurz1 said:
thanks...I'll relay.....thoughts would change off-season? Then the foods are ok?

Yeah it would change for off-season.

Mr.X

X - just want you to know that my bro just took 2nd in a really solid local show.......he told me he ate 1/2 grapefruit all the way to the end (about 10 days out) and also incorporated a low carb bar (myoplex) at midnight for a snack.......this shoots down your thoughts and theories (mine too) about fruit and bars........two things you're against......he also swore by the low-carb milk....I should get the rest of his diet for everyone else.......

Don't say genetics, cause thats not the case..............I know what you are thinking, he woulda placed first without it right?lol...........nah, lost to a very solid, local favorite.........they both looked incred.

Top Bottom