Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Changing the whole diet and exercise plan ( cardio on empty stomach )

VictorBR

Cardio on empty stomach , but this time I am gonna have to stay on the fat burning range 65 % of MRH because of muscle catabolism , when I used to do it late afternoon I would do high intensity cardio simply because I LIKE to do it , but this time I guess am gonna have to stay away from it . So I gotta couple questions for you guys that do the " empty stomach cardio routine " .

1) Can you do HIT ? I guess not right ? 8 hours without eating and going for HIT is probably not a good idea ....

2 ) The whole point in doing cardio on empty stomach is that we haven't eat any carbs and the fat will be used as energy MUCH FASTER . But I am also concerned about muscle catabolism . Is it possible to take 25 g whey protein + L-glutamine + BCAA + 1 g vit C , before the cardio session or does it interfere with that whole idea ?

3 ) Should I limit to 30 minutes to prevent muscle catabolism or can I go for 50 minutes ?

Victor

I'd go with 30 minutes on a empty stomach imediately followed by 25g whey protein.
I can't offer any scientific reason for my opinion.

Don't do HIIT. Do 40 minutes of low intensity cardio, then go home and have a low GI meal so that your body will have to keep using fat for energy. Eat some eggs and steel cut oats or something.

Powerbuilder333 said:
I'd go with 30 minutes on a empty stomach imediately followed by 25g whey protein.
I can't offer any scientific reason for my opinion.

How is 30 minutes of moderate cardio enough? How many times a week are we talking about?

It depends on how far you have to go. That little fucker's still licking. Sorry got distracted. If you're only looking to lose 10-15 then 40 min is fine. Do empty stomach and then use the Anafit Diet. Which is eat no carbs until lunch and no carbs after dinner. You can have eggs, cheese, turkey/meat, but no carbs until lunch. That'll do it.

ok I will go with low moderate 45 minutes . Sounds good .

But my main question is : Can I take 25 g whey + supps before the cardio session to prevent catabolism .

I want to lose another 10-15 pounds of fat , I am gonna use the beggining of my cycle to do that , my cycle will be 14 weeks , I will use weeks 1-4 for cutting , then increase calories and stop cardio from weeks 4-14 so I can BULK . I was gonna start the cycle this monday but my car broke so I will only be able to start it march 19 . Oh well it is close enough :p

Ulter where can I read more about the anafit diet ?

Victor

30 min low intense and then 10 min high intense in the am on empty stomach, watch your heart rate. Follow it with 20-30g of protein shake with 1 cup of oatmeal and some fruit.

Ulter said:
It depends on how far you have to go. That little fucker's still licking. Sorry got distracted. If you're only looking to lose 10-15 then 40 min is fine. Do empty stomach and then use the Anafit Diet. Which is eat no carbs until lunch and no carbs after dinner. You can have eggs, cheese, turkey/meat, but no carbs until lunch. That'll do it.

ulter, on this plan, what about before and after workouts in the evening. (7:00 pm)

good luck bro... i've been ask'n that same question (27gms of sugar-free whey before a.m. cardio) for some time... no ones given me a clear logical answer yet... it seems reasonable that the protein would help spare the muscle to some degree... i don't know if the few gms of carbs listed (splenda, stevia,3gms. sugars etc.) would be significant enough to change your blood levels (insulin etc.) and have an impact on your cardio fuel source... i've tried it both ways now & don't see a difference in fat loss - however.... remember that every body will respond differently to diet, juice, etc... you almost gotta go trial & error with some things...
the absolute biggest thing for me is NEVER diet unless you're on something... you WILL lose more muscle dieting when your OFF a cycle...low test levels coupled with high estrogen = bad... the natural body wants to save fat & burn muscle... (clen helps save muscle & burn fat too)

Top Bottom