Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my SATELITE speakers are NOT PRODUCING LOUD SOUND... help

M

madbomber31

shit, what can i do? i cannot find my receipt to return the fucking thing either!!! its only a 300 watt system and i love the bass and front 3 speakers, but the satelites are not producing loud sound.. they are easily over powered by the fronts.

Dude, that's how it's supposed to be. They are there only for 5.1 channel dolby surround EFFECTS. That's tight, effects. So in generall they stay quiet.

Oh yeah i forgot to add, it's all in the reciever you are running and how creative you get with wiring your system.. I can wire the satellites to sound really well with music and perform properly in a surround role. You can have them hooked up to "B" speaker outputs while simotenousley being wired to the "surroud" jacks on the reciever. Then when playing music you just hit the "Speaker b" button on the reciever and they will come to life. Switch to surround and they will only process the efficts.

Shit, there is so much you can do. I Currently have $2000 Infinity main speakers and am saving up for full tower Infinity rears. That will be another $1000. So you bet your ass i will have them playing music as well and just have them sit there to perform silly effects.

you can usually turn up or down any of the speakers in a Dolby Digital 5.1 system, I had to turn up the center and the surround speakers, I couldnt hear shit.

TC2 said:
you can usually turn up or down any of the speakers in a Dolby Digital 5.1 system, I had to turn up the center and the surround speakers, I couldnt hear shit.

That depends on the reciever you are running. But 99% of the time you will only be able to turn up your Center channel volume independently. Besides Music really does sound best with stereo mode, Pushing 4 speakers.

To get really good effects from your music in a surround mode or any other type of sound processing mode you really have to shell out for a good reciver. Loook to spend aroud $1000 or more. Yamaha has some really sweet models. Some pushing 120 watts into 6 channels. That's 720 watts. Insane.

I think it also depends of the skill of the people who encoded the movie.

I've had some movies that sounded great and some that were almost unwatchable.

TC2 said:
I think it also depends of the skill of the people who encoded the movie.

I've had some movies that sounded great and some that were almost unwatchable.

Absolutely 100% right on.

A lot of the sound rests in the skill of the sound engineer and the work they do on the mixing board. Some suck and some are down right brilliant in how they code the channels and their volume selections.

ya, i can turn down the front ones... but i was just wondering if this was right for the rears.. i get SOME sound... light crowd noice for football ( i want crunching action all around me)... i guess i gotta go rent another action style dvd and see what that sounds like... i've been playing with the "stadium, disco, live, etc.. modes" its made a little difference...

i guess it MIGHT help if i'm not watching the simpsons...

Dude what kind of system do you have? 300 watts is NOT alot of power. Is it one of those systems that's purchased with all the speakers and compunents already included?

If this is a 5 speaker system that breaks down to only 60 watts per channel. Now that is a max output. So your RMS output per speaker is MAYBE 30 Watts at full volume. So at half volume you are getting 15Watts per channel. So as you can see it's not much, that's why you are not feeling the "crunch".

Top Bottom