Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

no fluid/cartilage between lower vertebra

lardo5150

Ok, I am not that medical so bare with me on my crappy terminology.
In highschool, I suffered an injury to my lower back.
Never really bothered me that much.
At times I could be standing around doing nothing, and I will feel a sharp pain in my back, like a knife, takes my breath away, and drops me to the ground.
I also cant sit for long periods of time, or stand (like at a concert), my back starts hurting.
It has gotten worse lately, like when when I run, it hurts, or if I have a heavy bookbag, it feels like my back is crushing down.
Went to the doctor, between two vertebrae in my lower back, on the mri, it was black. He basically said that there is no fluid and the cartilage has deteriorated (spelled right?). So basically there is nothing there.
he said they can fix it with fusing them together, but would probrally cause more pain than anything.
any ideas on what to do?

surgery may be your only option but in my opinion id try some conservative stuff first to see if it helps at all. surgery should be last option after all else has failed. See a good chiro, they can put some motion back in your joints, (lumbars and sacroiliacs) strengthen your core...and by core im not talking about your abs!! Also get on a good supplement program to help support collagen and connective tissue while eliminating all pro-inflammatory foods. ie: coffee, pop, red meat etc...

glucosamne/chondroitin sulfate, MSM, high dose vit c, anything that helps with cartilage. Some companies make formulas with all these things in one capsule....good stuff

Top Bottom