Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Migraine

velvett

Elite Mentor
Platinum
Ok seriously, I've been getting migraines over half of my life and I've learned how to deal, what to avoid and what drugs seems to work (abortive).

I can't shake this migraine - Zomig will pacify some of the symptoms but it's been a few days and roughly 6 Zomigs (sometimes twice a day).

WTF?

Ideas?

Have you ever tried Maxalt?

Have you ever researched Botox for chronic migraine pain? I saw Danya Devin (she is on the television show Extra or something like that) talking about using it for migraine pain.

sorry, Vel, i remember you was nice to me when i had mine. so, i hope ya feel better soon. i'm sure you've tried everything that isn't a pill, so jus try and relax.

have you ever tried ergotamine? its a more dangerous drug, so maybe something to discuss with your physician

other than that im sure you know a billion things more on the subject than most, have you tried these gel caps they have, you stick em in the fridge and when you have the attack you put them on, the cold seems to help sufferers (probably stopping the random vasodilation)

I also wonder if a TENS machine is useful in this type of situation, there are acupressure points for the head, but again I'd discuss this with the doc, its not a particularly potent form of analgesia but u can use it as much as you want

hope u feel better soon :)

maxalt rpd 10mg wafers are the best for migraines, if you take one right away when the pain starts its gone almost immediately. they are a tad expensive though, about 100 for six.

Since your migraine has already started (and therefore imitrex and similar drugs probably won't so squat since you have to take them before the migraine kicks in), I would go to the ER and beg for demerol (sp?).
Outside of that, go stand in the shower and alternate between hot and cold, keep your head under the spray. I find this helps. Could just be that it distracts me from thinking of the pain, but it definetily helps me....

Or you could try taking some gravol (US name is dramamine I think) and try to sleep through it.

Good luck!

benny1970 said:
Since your migraine has already started (and therefore imitrex and similar drugs probably won't so squat since you have to take them before the migraine kicks in), I would go to the ER and beg for demerol (sp?).
Outside of that, go stand in the shower and alternate between hot and cold, keep your head under the spray. I find this helps. Could just be that it distracts me from thinking of the pain, but it definetily helps me....

Or you could try taking some gravol (US name is dramamine I think) and try to sleep through it.

Good luck!

Some of what is mentioned above may help you. I've been getting migraines for 15+ years and there are a couple of things you should be aware of. You should see a neurologist, doing so will give you the ability to try new medication and other methods. The problem with taking medication (such as triptans) for break through headaches daily is that you will end up with rebound headaches and the result is no progress. Each person is different and no treatment works for everyone. They can be a real bitch and you may have to get on your doctors ass about trying new medication. They are many preventative medications like calcium channel blockers (Blood Pressure Medication) anticonvulsants (topamax) and many more. Good luck!

Top Bottom