Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I got called out for gear by Teacher

phatjimmy said:
I was sitting in my stereotypes class today and my teacher is talking about college stereotypes. She brings up how the stereotype that all frat guys take sauce. She then looks and me and says "you know all about that, right." I was like a dear in headlights. It didn't help that about half an hour ago I had shot myself with winny. Freaked my ass out. Anybody else ever been called out like this?
I hate when people do shit like that ....

my prof did something like that, but it was funny when he did it. he was talking about how he remebers peoples names in class. so he points staight at me a says "i remeber his name cause he could kick the shit out of me!" the whole class starts laughing and so did I, but i was still embarrised.

"frat guys take sauce" well shit thats a new one. All the frat guys I know drink beer all day and smoke weed and they also look it. If your in a frat and manage to maintain a good physique I must say your the exception and not the rule. By the way if I was put on the spot I'd just admitt It I mean really I don't care if people know and next time you should wear a ttokyo shirt to class.

A bit off topic but when I was a teaching assistant for a large 2nd-year political theory class, the prof introduces the 5 TA's and then makes a wisecrack on the first or second day that if anyone got out of line, he had "really big T.A.'s" so they should watch their step. This being York University there are some really big juiced up mofos there. Well there was one tall English guy who went about 6'4" 190, then me at around 170 lbs. at the time, one small guy, and two rather frail women.

I felt all these eyes on me from some of the bigger guys, like, "just give me a reason."

Thanks teach!

You do have to understand though that professors are physically intimidated by some of their students, and women in particular. They will blurt these things out in a way to try and assert control over the situation. Many women feel they aren't taken seriously in the first place, and when a 5'2" 118 lb woman like my wife is looking at a 260 lb. student it can be problematic from the standpoint of being taken seriously.

Same goes the other way - if you seem like a big dumb guy you have to prove yourself to profs that you aren't. Since most of them are small, weak nerds. :D

Top Bottom