Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Workout.. your thoughts?

I had one @h!tty week last week.. but very happily despite what was going on, I stayed focus on the training, and even did more cardio on Tuesday to try and work my frustrations out!!

Tuesday
15min stair mill
15 min eliptical
10 min bike

Wednesday
15 min eliptical
15 min bike

Thursday
15 min eliptical
15 min bike

Friday
Bench Presses
16kg x 8
18kg x 8
27kg x 8
27kg x 8

Bent-Over Rows
18kg x 8
20.5kg x 8
27kg x8
27kg x 8

Overhead DB Presses
6kg x 8 (13.2pound DB)
7kg x 8 (15.4 pound DB)
10kg x 8 (19.8 pound DB)
10g x 8

Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
20.5kg x 8 (45.1 pound)
29kg x 8 (63.8 pound)
29kg x 8 (63.8 pound)
29kg x 8 (63.8 pound)
40.5kg x 8
40.5kg x 8

Squats
Bodyweight x 12
Bodyweight x 12
Bodyweight x 12
30kg x 12
30kg x 12
30kg x 12

Single Leg Calf Raises
8kg x 10 (17.6 pound)

12kg x 10 (26.4 pound)
16kg x 20 (35.2 pound)
16kg x 20 (35.2 pound)
16kg x 20 (35.2 pound)

Hanging Knee Ups/Leg Raises
12 hanging knee raises
12 hanging knee raises
12 hanging leg raises
12 hanging leg raises

Doing the squats before the calf raises made things easier.. Thanks Island Girl.

Good job hanging in there, even with a rough week. Something in the air maybe? I had one of those weeks too!! LOL

Yeah, I've heard a few people say similar as well... must be something in the air or stars or universe, it was an unusually crappy week!! Lots of things in general are really going well for me but last week was a bit of a reality check - that I shouldn't get complacent and that things can turn really quickly!!

I'm glad it's a new week...

I powered through Monday's workout

Monday
Bench Presses
16kg x 8
18kg x 8
27kg x 8
27kg x 8

Bent-Over Rows
18kg x 8
20.5kg x 8
29.5kg x8
29.5kg x 8
Went back up to the heaviest weight I lifted just before my form correction, going good

Overhead DB Presses
6kg x 8 (13.2pound DB)
7kg x 8 (15.4 pound DB)
10kg x 8 (22 pound DB)
10g x 8

Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
20.5kg x 8
32kg x 8
32kg x 8
32kg x 8
50kg x 8 (110 pound)
50kg x 8
New PR, heart was pounding at the end and I was pouring sweat... but whooo hoooo!! 50kg

Squats
Bodyweight x 12
Bodyweight x 12
Bodyweight x 12
30kg x 12
30kg x 12
30kg x 12

Single Leg Calf Raises
8kg x 10 (17.6 pound)
12kg x 10 (26.4 pound)
16kg x 20 (35.2 pound)
16kg x 20 (35.2 pound)
16kg x 20 (35.2 pound)

12 hanging knee raises
12 hanging knee raises
12 hanging leg raises
12 hanging leg raises

Felt good and strong!!! Big workout and was tired when I left, I went to wash the car and it was a mission!!

Yeah, I've heard a few people say similar as well... must be something in the air or stars or universe, it was an unusually crappy week!! Lots of things in general are really going well for me but last week was a bit of a reality check - that I shouldn't get complacent and that things can turn really quickly!!

I'm glad it's a new week...

I powered through Monday's workout

Monday
Bench Presses
16kg x 8
18kg x 8
27kg x 8
27kg x 8
Time to add here chika. I know you are comfy here but really is time:evil:

Bent-Over Rows
18kg x 8
20.5kg x 8
29.5kg x8
29.5kg x 8
Went back up to the heaviest weight I lifted just before my form correction, going good
Gr8! Excellent! Way to hit it huny pie:evil:!!

Overhead DB Presses
6kg x 8 (13.2pound DB)
7kg x 8 (15.4 pound DB)
10kg x 8 (22 pound DB)
10g x 8
See bench comment......:evil:

Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
20.5kg x 8
32kg x 8
32kg x 8
32kg x 8
50kg x 8 (110 pound)
50kg x 8
New PR, heart was pounding at the end and I was pouring sweat... but whooo hoooo!! 50kg
I would like for you to describe for me exactly how you do your SLDLs plz. Form Check:).
And BIG CONGRATS SISTA!

Squats
Bodyweight x 12
Bodyweight x 12
Bodyweight x 12
30kg x 12
30kg x 12
30kg x 12
Add weight, drop back to 10 and work up. You know you can if you wanna cuz your sista chika!:evil:

Single Leg Calf Raises
8kg x 10 (17.6 pound)
12kg x 10 (26.4 pound)
16kg x 20 (35.2 pound)
16kg x 20 (35.2 pound)
16kg x 20 (35.2 pound)
Add Add Add you are lookin sweet here sista, but you gotta add even if you drop down to 10 reps and then work back up thats fine. I know you got it in you cuz you wanna have sweet sexxy gamz!:evil:

12 hanging knee raises
12 hanging knee raises
12 hanging leg raises
12 hanging leg raises

Felt good and strong!!! Big workout and was tired when I left, I went to wash the car and it was a mission!!

Very very proud of you gurly. Really wish you would have entered the recomp contest..... I think you would have done well.:)

Hell you even get a nipple shaker for doin so dam good....here you go just for you!:lil k:

Best regards sista!

Thanks Zedhead, it's good to have you back in here, and love the nipple shaker!! Oh and great news, I'm starting to see some good definition in my calves.

As for the comp, I am really enjoying reading everyones logs & watching videos.. Although I'm cheering for the girls, everyone is doing really well and are putting in 100%.

Friday is my next weight day... so I will make the changes then but I only just went up on the overhead presses.. and the next dumbell size is 12.5kg which is a big jump from 10kg. I'll try and see how I go.

Ok form on SLDL's is:

Feet about shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent but legs stiff, over/under grip.

I look directly ahead and bring the bar directly down, stretch bum out and head forward(still looking up). I try and use my bum and head as a counter-weights without bringing the bar forward or back, only moving the bar down on a vertical axis. ( I hope you understand this)

While going down I keep my back arched, looking up helps with this.

I don't go all the way down to the floor and I'll have to do another one to find the trigger to come back up, I think it is when my back no longer holds the arch??? .

When I come back up, I power my bum in and that brings me back up to standing position and squeeze.

I hope thats right!!

Cardio Days

Tuesday

15min stairmill
15 min eliptical

Wednesday
15min stairmill
15min bike

Thanks Zedhead, it's good to have you back in here, and love the nipple shaker!! Oh and great news, I'm starting to see some good definition in my calves. Gr8 work gurly. See I told you. Got some surprized in store for you on them calves too....but just a bit later on.....

As for the comp, I am really enjoying reading everyones logs & watching videos.. Although I'm cheering for the girls, everyone is doing really well and are putting in 100%.
And we all appreciate your continued support sista, much thanks.

Friday is my next weight day... so I will make the changes then but I only just went up on the overhead presses.. and the next dumbell size is 12.5kg which is a big jump from 10kg. I'll try and see how I go.
Sista its the fact that you are always pushing your body to overcome gr8er demands. Thats what is gonna give you the results that youre working so hard for. You go on and add that weight even if it means you drop some reps. We will get those reps back, you can trust me on that!:evil:

Ok form on SLDL's is:

Feet about shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent but legs stiff, over/under grip.

I look directly ahead and bring the bar directly down, stretch bum out and head forward(still looking up). I try and use my bum and head as a counter-weights without bringing the bar forward or back, only moving the bar down on a vertical axis. ( I hope you understand this)
Ok I think you are saying what I am gonna say but just wanna make sure.
When you bend forward you dont actaully really just bend over at the waist. What you do is you push your butt back like you are trying to reach out with your butt and touch something. In doing this your torso goes down with a str8/flat back.
Your shins will actaually be past 90° to the floor but going backwards if you are doing these correctly.:evil:

While going down I keep my back arched, looking up helps with this.
Just be a bit careful looking up as this can induce issues in your neck. If you start gettin neck pain then post that up and we can go from there.

I don't go all the way down to the floor and I'll have to do another one to find the trigger to come back up, I think it is when my back no longer holds the arch??? .
Good that you dont go to the floor as you dont need to.
Go as far as it takes to feel a good stretch in your hammies, thats far enough.

When I come back up, I power my bum in and that brings me back up to standing position and squeeze. Exactly, pinch your cheeks together, good stuff!

I hope thats right!!
I think you pretty much got it chika good for you!:evil:

Ok, I read about the look up thing to stop my back from rounding, so I will cut it out, and just maintain a straight back, in that way no neck problems as well.

I will check in the mirror to find out the angle of my shins, I'm pretty sure that it's correct, but I'll double check tonight.

As for adding more weight... I will DO it!!! Grrrrrr!!!:evil::evil:

I'll let you know how it goes.

Top Bottom