Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Workout.. your thoughts?

Fridays Workout

Bench Presses
16kg x 8
18kg x 8
25kg x 8
25kg x 8
Feeling good

DB Bent-Over Rows
16kg x 8
18kg x 8
25kg x 8
25kg x 8
My elbow felt a bit creeky so I didn't add more weight, but muscles are ready to go!!!!!

Overhead DB Presses
6kg x 8 (13.2pound DB)
7kg x 8 (15.4 pound DB)
9kg x 8 (19.8 pound DB)
9kg x 8

Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
20.5kg x 10 (45.1 pound)
28kg x 10 (61.6 pound)
39.5kg x 10
39.5kg x 10
I have only been lifting heavy on on day for the SLDL, I will drop down to 8 reps next week and up the weight on Monday.

Single Leg Calf Raises
8kg x 15 (17.6 pound)
12kg x 15 (26.4 pound)
16kg x 15 (35.2 pound)
16kg x 15 (35.2 pound)

Squats
16kg x 10
20kg x 10 empty bar
30kg x 10
30kg x 10

Hanging Knee Ups/Leg Raises
10 reverse crunches (warm up)
12 hanging knee raises
12 hanging knee raises
12 hanging leg raises

Everything is feeling good... whoooo hoooo!!!

Hey chika on the elbow continue with the RICE.
Also get a tennis ball or something similar.
Put that ball between the back of your arm-triceps and a counter top.
Roll the ball around getting the inside and outside parts of you arm too. You might even wanna continue that down into the meaty parts of your forarm.
What specific lifts if any make it worse?

Fridays Workout

Bench Presses
16kg x 8
18kg x 8
25kg x 8
25kg x 8
Feeling good
Do not flair your elbows. Try to keep them pointing forwards, not out to the sides.

DB Bent-Over Rows
16kg x 8
18kg x 8
25kg x 8
25kg x 8
My elbow felt a bit creeky so I didn't add more weight, but muscles are ready to go!!!!!
Give details here plz.

Overhead DB Presses
6kg x 8 (13.2pound DB)
7kg x 8 (15.4 pound DB)
9kg x 8 (19.8 pound DB)
9kg x 8
You should be holding the dbls so that your palms face your bod, but here you can flair your elbows.

Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
20.5kg x 10 (45.1 pound)
28kg x 10 (61.6 pound)
39.5kg x 10
39.5kg x 10
I have only been lifting heavy on on day for the SLDL, I will drop down to 8 reps next week and up the weight on Monday.
This will be kinda detailed...
To do this properly you dont just bend over at your waist.
What you want to do is, as you are bending at the waist you need to be reaching backwards with your butt. Your knees can bend a little bit. But it is important to "reach" back with your butt. Also as you are going to the upright position you want to flex those butt cheeks.

Single Leg Calf Raises
8kg x 15 (17.6 pound)
12kg x 15 (26.4 pound)
16kg x 15 (35.2 pound)
16kg x 15 (35.2 pound)
Move up to 20 reps here. Calves take a lot of work.

Squats
16kg x 10
20kg x 10 empty bar
30kg x 10
30kg x 10
You are going just past parallel? Also have your feet just a little bit wider then your shoulders.

Hanging Knee Ups/Leg Raises
10 reverse crunches (warm up)
12 hanging knee raises
12 hanging knee raises
12 hanging leg raises

Everything is feeling good... whoooo hoooo!!!
Doin dam good girly. Am impressed!:D

Thanks for taking an interest Zedhead! I will try rolling the tennis ball. I am being concious of what's irritating my elbow, but I'll report back after tonight. But here's the answers to your comments...

Bent-Over Rows
I could lift the weight easily, but the motion in my right elbow wasn't smooth/fluid. Probably about half an hour later I straightened my arm and my elbow cracked and then the motion felt fluid again???

Overhead DB Presses
You should be holding the dbls so that your palms face your bod, but here you can flair your elbows.
I haven't been doing this, I have been doing these with my palms facing front away from the body, I will change it tonight.

Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
To do this properly you dont just bend over at your waist.
What you want to do is, as you are bending at the waist you need to be reaching backwards with your butt. Your knees can bend a little bit. But it is important to "reach" back with your butt. Also as you are going to the upright position you want to flex those butt cheeks.
I have been doing the squeeze, but haven't been 100% concious of the moving my butt back, I will do it tonight.

Single Leg Calf Raises
Move up to 20 reps here. Calves take a lot of work.
Will do!!!

Squats
You are going just past parallel? Also have your feet just a little bit wider then your shoulders.
I'm going past parallel, howver I am keeping focused on not leaning too far forward.

My weekend went well and I'm happy to say that my eating was on track over the weekend.. I'm back to the gym tonight :supercool

the crack fluid feeling was explained to me at PT like this...the crack you hear is a little less important then the sensation you get afterwards (its not actually harmful) in that its usually caused by synovial fluid working its way back into the joint...which is good
I actually hear something like...liquidly tinkling noises in my neck from it..hard to describe but its synovial fluid working into the facet joints

keep up the RICE, and try to see what bothers it like zed said

Great progress so far. With elbow pain sometimes switching exercises can make a world of difference. For instance, I used to stop curling when my elbow hurt, but I have found that I can still do dumbbell hammer curls without much pain.

Rebecca D

Top Bottom