Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Workout.. your thoughts?

nah the patient was a psyche dialysis patient...a frequent flyer and he always hated me...lol

the motorcycle remained largely unscathed..but not totally...and I was the one who dropped it to begin with...lolol

Eggh, two incidences with the bike and it wasn't yours... was there a third?? Or were you barred from being near it?

Hi Rachel,
This workout is ok for a beginner. But at 20 weeks in you should be thinking about changing it up a little bit.:D Comments below in this color.
Hi everyone, for those who haven’t read my intro, I am just a beginner and now on week 20 of a beginners workout.

It consists of a full body workout twice a week, and I have just added cardio (3 times per week for ½ hour each session) in at week 14. See below for my workout this week.

I have been adding weight when I can, and have probably added weight on each exercise once a month (approximately) for example I have added weight this week on SLDL and next week I will look to add weight on squats.

The instruction with this workout was do not train to failure, the goal is to get out all of the reps per set with good form and increase the weights over time. This has been the case for everything here, but biceps. Like a naughty girl I did train till failure on biceps on a few occasions and ever since I have struggled, have had to drop weight and even now the 7kg is a struggle. Is this normal, how do you push though this, is it psychological?

Also, is this workout ok? Does it cover the muscle groups I should be working? I really am a beginner and I have just taken this workout from the stickies, so someone else’s opinion would be great.

I also would like to ask because I have been reading everyone else’s logs and everyone else seems to be doing split workouts, I know this is a big debate, but should I continue what I am doing until I stop seeing gains?

My diet has been all over the place over the last month with Christmas, New Years and with me being on holidays, but thankfully I’m settling back into a routine. I vary with eating 1600 to 2200 calories per day and the splits vary in a big way, I will start being more diligent on fitday and give more accurate info. I will save my diet questions until I am back in a routine.

My goals are body recomp, I’m 5’6 and I am approx 132 pounds (or I was about a month and a half ago) I guess I was/am what you call skinny fat (although I'm now changing) and my goals are to be a strong, fit and have a hard muscular body.

Oh and I work in kilos not pounds..so I’ve included a conversion
Here’s my workout this week:
Monday
DB Bench Presses
8kg x 8 (17.6 pound DB)
9kg x 8 (19.8 pound DB)
12.5kg x 8 (27.5 pound DB)
12.5kg x 8
Consider moving to the Oly bar for your bench. This will help your strength improve more quickly. You are ready for that jump.

DB Bent-Over Rows
8kg x 8 (17.6pound DB)
9kg x 8 (19.8 pound DB)
12.5kg x 8 (27.5 pound DB)
12.5kg x 8
Same here.

DB Curls
5kg x 8 (11 pound DB)
6kg x 8 (13.2pound DB)
7kg x 8 (15.4 pound DB)
7kg x 8
With the strain that you have I would suggest loosing the curls alltogether. Your biceps get indirect activation in your rows and SLDLs.

Overhead DB Presses
6kg x 8 (13.2pound DB)
7kg x 8 (15.4 pound DB)
9kg x 8 (19.8 pound DB)
9kg x 8
Continue with this. Dont be afraid to add weight, you are ready for it.

Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
20.5kg x 10 (45.1 pound)
28kg x 10 (61.6 pound)
45kg x 10 (99 pound)
45kg x 10
If you are not using a barbell move on to that. I would suggest going down to 8 reps and adding weight for 4-6 weeks. This will be beneficial to you.

Single Leg Calf Raises
8kg x 10 (17.6 pound)
12kg x 10 (26.4 pound)
16kg x 10 (35.2 pound)
16kg x 10 (35.2 pound)
You should work your calves at higher reps if you can. If you cant then continue as you are. Try for 12-15 reps per set.

Squats
I still don’t know how to use the rack so I am just using a barbell (what the guys use for curls) which I lift over my head onto my shoulders, I was just using DB’s until the start of December
14kg x 10 (30.8 pound)
16kg x 10 (35.2 pound)
22.5kg x 10 (49.5 pound)
22.5kg x 10
Have someone show you how to use the rack. You are discounting yourself here. Once you feel comfortable with the rack you can increase your weights saftly. Also have an experienced person do a form check for you. I am meaning one of the big guys that uses a lot of weight on the squat bar and when he squats he goes past parallel.

Hanging Knee Ups/Leg Raises
10 reverse crunches (warm up)
10 hanging knee raises
10 hanging knee raises
10 hanging leg raises
Try to get in higher reps.

Tuesday

Cardio
15 min rower With your strained bicep I would drop this for now and do 2 sessions on the bike or something like that.
15 min bike
Your comments and questions & answers are much appreciated.
Cheers
Rachel
Ok, by now your body is pretty used to lifting the added weight. So you should feel free to add weight in everything.
Keep on posting on here and best of luck to you.
Also CONGRATS cuz youre now a workout chika:p.

Thanks Zedhead for the comment... I had already completed Fridays workout when I read them but I included most of your suggestions on Mondays workout.

Mondays Workout

Bench Presses
16kg x 8
18kg x 8
25kg x 8
25kg x 8
Moved to the bar, felt good

DB Bent-Over Rows
16kg x 8
18kg x 8
25kg x 8
25kg x 8
Moved to the bar, I will add more weight on Friday.

Overhead DB Presses
6kg x 8 (13.2pound DB)
7kg x 8 (15.4 pound DB)
9kg x 8 (19.8 pound DB)
9kg x 8

Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
20.5kg x 10 (45.1 pound)
28kg x 10 (61.6 pound)
45kg x 10 (99 pound)
45kg x 10
Zedhead, I just added weight last week, next week I will drop down to 8 reps and add more weight

Single Leg Calf Raises
8kg x 15 (17.6 pound)
12kg x 15 (26.4 pound)
16kg x 15 (35.2 pound)
16kg x 15 (35.2 pound)

Squats
16kg x 10
20kg x 10 empty bar
30kg x 10
30kg x 10

I was a step ahead, Zedhead, on Friday I asked someone how to use the rack (but not for form) so on Friday and Monday I was able to use the rack and go up more weight, I think I will add some again on Friday.

Hanging Knee Ups/Leg Raises
10 reverse crunches (warm up)
12 hanging knee raises
12 hanging knee raises
12 hanging leg raises

I haven't tracked my eating on Fitday for the weekend/Monday so wont post it up, but I'm sure I didn't consume enough calories. I must eat more over the weekend!!

Anyhow my right arm feels great, thanks to the icing, thanks Shirlene.

glad to of helped RachelM...inflammatory injuries are weird and insidious

good to hear its better and you're back on track :)

Hey Rach I think your gonna like moving things up. You will start seeing results and thats gonna get you more pumped up for your workouts! You have an excellent strength workout right there. Feel free to PM me if you want for any questions chika.
Gr8 job on changing it up.
On your squats ok to add weight but not too fast. You dont want to sacrifice correct form for weight on anything.
Keep it up girly!:D

Thanks Island girl and Zedhead.

My eating is on track, I've been a bit slack putting it in fitday, but I've been following a similar eating plan to what I've posted up.. I'm feeling good!!

I'm about to head to the gym now... I'm looking forward to it, enjoy your weekend ladies!!

Top Bottom