Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mermaid 2006

scorpiogirl said:
Just other businesses standing in line waiting to be paid!!! Sometimes owning a business really SUCKS!!!! :rolleyes:

I've been there, SG... good luck! What type of business?

EDIT:

Yeah, I'm a big dork. I already know the answer to that one...

Move along, move along.... nothing to see here.... go back to your regularly scheduled activities...

scorpiogirl said:
Just other businesses standing in line waiting to be paid!!! Sometimes owning a business really SUCKS!!!! :rolleyes:

Oh SG, that really does suck. Wish I could help......

nelmsjer said:
I've been there, SG... good luck! What type of business?

EDIT:

Yeah, I'm a big dork. I already know the answer to that one...

Move along, move along.... nothing to see here.... go back to your regularly scheduled activities...
LOL!:lmao:

nelmsjer said:
HA!!!!!!! You're great, Mermaid. I love it. :) No worries, mate.

Okay, let's compromise. 35 grams carbs and 24 grams protein. That's a 1.5:1 ratio. Just remember what I wrote: your body will handle carbs immediately after a workout better than at ANY other time of the day.

I'll tell you what. Google John Berardi and Lonnie Lowery. Read their writings and research, and then come back and talk with me some more on this. :)

Now take a deep breath and smile. You can do 35 grams. If you have to pull carbs from a meal to make sure you hit your percentage goals, then pull it from the last meal of the day. :) :heart: :)

How was your day?

OK, I'll Google!

My day was awesome, thanks. Good news about the health and LOVING the new workout I got :heart:

iceprincess said:
I am hoping that you don't have to work tomorrow or SG is going to be one tired kitten!! :heart:

Yah.....sigh.....working today until 5. It's ok, I knew what I was signing up for when I jumped into this 3 years ago. When I first started, I was working 93 hours a week. I can handle one tired day....my clients may not like me though!! lol

scorpiogirl said:
undefined

3:57 AM...Woke up at 2:30 and shit kept swirling thru my mind- stressed! Can't sleep, so I thought my buddy, Mermie would be awake and on the board!! lol

I thought I would be one of the first US folks to be on this board this morning, but apparently SG has me beat. I'm sitting here trying to wake myself (6:15am) to be coherent to hit the gym for my cardio in a few. I know I can usually count on Mermaid, IP and IP's husband to have posted in the wee hours of the night for me to read . :lmao:

Ok, off to get out of my jammies and into my workout clothes....

nelmsjer said:
Okay, let's compromise. 35 grams carbs and 24 grams protein. That's a 1.5:1 ratio. Just remember what I wrote: your body will handle carbs immediately after a workout better than at ANY other time of the day.

My initial reaction was the same as my pal, Mermie. Good to see that she's already got you to compromise. ;)

I do have a concern though. Unlike Mermaid who does most of her training in the morning, I lift at night. Is it still okay to consume 35g carbs around 8 or 9pm since it's not too far off from my bed time? Generally, I like to finish eating my complex carbs by late afternoon and keep to 100g or less for the day. But I'm willing to be open-minded. Also, this whey-gatorade mix is only for after strength training, right? Not cardio?

Thanks again for helping us all out, N. :rose:

Roonytunes said:
My initial reaction was the same as my pal, Mermie. Good to see that she's already got you to compromise. ;)

I do have a concern though. Unlike Mermaid who does most of her training in the morning, I lift at night. Is it still okay to consume 35g carbs around 8 or 9pm since it's not too far off from my bed time? Generally, I like to finish eating my complex carbs by late afternoon and keep to 100g or less for the day. But I'm willing to be open-minded. Also, this whey-gatorade mix is only for after strength training, right? Not cardio?

Thanks again for helping us all out, N. :rose:

I'm literally really glad you asked this question, because it helps make my point. Yes, even at night...THAT is how powerful exercise is for nutrient partitioning.

Also, if you are doing HIIT cardio, go ahead and take the PWO shake.

Saturday 28 January

Day off the weights. Was absolutely ravenous all day until the cheat meal. But the main thing was that I ached all over, but good muscle ache from the past couple of workouts. I realise that my abs do stretch right up to just under the boobage (they droop that low, LOL) - haven't felt that before!!!

7.30am Gym
25 mins HIIT Cardio - elliptical
30sec/90sec intervals
then:
20 mins steady state treadmill to finish

9.00am
2 oatmeal protein pancakes
1/2 cup strawberries
1 tbsp almond butter

12.00pm
3/4 cup all bran
1/2 cup FF milk
2/3 cup cottage cheese

Cheat meal:
P and I agonised over what to eat. We knew we would be too tempted to drink if we went out for dinner and alcohol always weakens our resolve the following day, so:

4 Glucorell-R

4.00pm
KFC Chicken Fillet sandwich
Small fries
2 cups chocolate ice cream

Yum. Enjoyed it all except for the bun. White bread is just not the same anymore.

It's now almost 8pm and still not hungry. But will have 2 scoop whey in water before bed.

Haven't even bothered to open Fitday.

Day 3 of the weight program tomorrow - can't wait!!

nelmsjer said:
I'm literally really glad you asked this question, because it helps make my point. Yes, even at night...THAT is how powerful exercise is for nutrient partitioning.

Also, if you are doing HIIT cardio, go ahead and take the PWO shake.

Yes, but real food after a workout is good too if the macros are right? I need real food for breakfast after HIIT.

I have ordered some maltodextrin powder to add to the whey for my PWO shake after weights. And I'm still reading up on it too.

Top Bottom