Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First Time Seeking Advice Needed

williamske

This is my first time seeking advice in this area - so hear it goes: 134lbs, 5'4, atletic build. Pic in profile is right after p90x about 6 months ago (126lbs in that pic)

Back in 2007, I lost like 30lbs on weight watchers and have followed it to maintain ever since. People laugh when I say that, but its not a diet to me, it's just the way I live. The program used to primarily be focused on calories, fat and fiber. They reamped the program for the first time in 13 years - and now the points are calculated by fat, carbs, fiber and protein. So I have to recalculate my points for my most used foods. What's odd is they give you more daily points and more weekly flex points, and to top it off fruits (up to 3 a day - are zero points) - which I initially I found odd, especially because bananas are a high calorie fruit. But the way they explained it was that a banana and serving of pretzels were both worth 2 points on the old program and most people would reach for the pretzels when hungry because it would hold you over longer. They said the way those calories are burned matters, so that is the justification for the fruit change!

This week I switched my point allowance from maintenance to weight loss because I have a wedding in about 10 weeks. AH!

The problem with my last workout obsession was that I had, in my opinion, bulked up too much. I LOVE going to the gym and did a cycle of P90X. During p90x I did a maintenance point allowance and focused on increasing my protein intake to account for all the workouts - i did not want to lose lean body mass.

People think I weigh less than what I do, and it's honestly because I am very muscular. I have seen myself as low as 122, and did not like the way I looked. For my body type, in my opinion, it was too light. I am 134 right now, and I feel good, but wouldn't mind losing a little bit. I honestly felt and looked my best at 125-128. I am not far off, considering some of it is water. I am 5'4.

I want to slim down but not lose the lean body mass i worked very hard to obtain. I want to continue lifting, but not bulk up. I was circuit training for a while, but now my body is used to it, so I did a 2 weeks of strength training. I usually workout during my lunch hour at 11am.

To conclude, lol, I feel my arms have a tendency to bulk up and my ass will just not go away (even at 122 is was very much there). If you look online they say 10-12 reps of weight for toning, 6-8 for muscle building, but there is always more to it than that. So I want to approach things nutritionally and reamp my training.

Workouts
My usual routine consists of a 5 day workout week. 3 days are designated as lifting days which consist of high intensity circuit training arranged by muscle groups and two days of cardio only circuits. I circuit with 70-80% of my max. My typical workout week is as follows:

Monday: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps circuit mixed with cardio in between sets (1.5 mins cardio, 10x chest exercise, 12x shoulder exercise, 15x tricep exercise - repeat 15 times with 3 different sets of exercises).

Tuesday: Cardio/Abs circuit (5 mins cardio followed by 1 min of abs - repeat 9 times varying the cardio equipment used).

Wednesday - Biceps/Legs/Abs circuit mixed with cardio (similar to monday workout).

Thursday - Rest

Friday - Cardio (45 min interval run) - 15 mins on 3 machines.

Saturday - Legs/Back/Abs circuit mixed with cardio (similar to Monday workout).

Sunday - Rest

I currently cycle between Oxy Elite Pro and Jack3D as my preworkout supplements. I do not take a thermo daily, if i use one its only as a preworkout boost. I take cla supplements and that is really it. Recently I have found my endurance is up and cricuits are still a great workout, but no longer 'difficult' to complete.

I was thinking about doing a cycle of clenbuterol but i do not know the dosage, where to start, or what else to take with it. Will clen help me?

Usual Day (Foods)

Breakfast - rice cake and banana 1 hour before morning workout.

Preworkout supplement 30 mins before activity.

Morning Workout 11am

Lunch within 30 mins after morning workout. Consist of grilled chicken and side dish (usually rice/brocolli or veggies) and fruit. Or subway sub and a side, or some type of panera chicken salad and soup.

Snack about 2 hours later - rice cakes and a piece of fruit

Snack about 2 hours later - south beach protein bar or other type of granola bar

Dinner - Varies - not going to lie. Sometimes it will be a light pasta (the purple box smart taste kind) with a sauce and chicken. Or some type of meal made with 99% lean turkey ground beef.

Snack - sometimes a low fat ice cream bar or snack.

Maybe I need someone to help me structure my diet. Right now I do not pay attention to food component 'ratios' or percentages - and maybe I should be? I feel like I eat well because I follow weight watchers, and one of the reasons I have been successful with their program is the flexibility it gives me. If you tell me not to have something, I will feel like I am depriving myself. If I know I can have whatever I want - to an extent obviously - as long as I plan the 'points' - I do well!

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated. A 10lb loss would be good - need to look slammin in my Adorae wedding gown. Destination wedding by the way!

HERE IS AN ALBUM WITH MY DAY 69 P90X PHOTOS FROM 6 MONTHS AGO:

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/williamske123/2010/P90X fitness day 69/

Password: fitness

I would like to get back to that weight, but not as bulky - I think.

Last edited:
Congrats on your wedding! and welcome to EF. :)

I wouldn't recommend clen at this point. I don't think it will help you that much to be honest and you'll have all the nasty sides that it comes with. It seems like what you're doing has worked for you in the past and should work again, having just switched from maintenance to weight loss. My only suggestion would be to try to increase your protein a little bit. That will assist you in preserving lbm while you're trying to slim down but having said that, it's just based on a rough estimate of calories and macros from looking at your diet.

Thank for the reply. I actually weighed myself today at an official weigh in and I am 133.4 lbs. I am going to measure the following body parts tomorrow:
chest
waist at bellybutton
waist at smallest point
hips
right thigh
left thigh
right forearm
left forearm
right bicep
left bicep

Picked up Modern BCAA from GNC today - product by USP Labs (same maker as Jack3d)

W, you look smokin hot in the album pics. PERFECT weight for you. Why do you think bulky:confused:.

You look athletic and very well toned.
Get back to that and you will be the Queen of the Ball at your wedding.
Best of luck and best wishes.

Thanks for the compliment. Well I am about 8 lbs away from that weight. But i think I have more muscle now.

Wow! You look great in those pics. Not bulky at all, like zed said, very athletic and toned. Oh, and the ass that just won't go away doesn't need to go away at all. I hope it never does go away! LOL! Seriously, you look fantastic and you will look "slammin" in your wedding gown, I have no doubt. Where's the (destination) wedding?

There are some great ladies here that I know would give you some very good advice. Island_Girl, superqt4u2nv, rottenwillow, are three of the best.

Wow that diet is seriously protein deficient. It's low enough in calories to permit fat loss in an overweight person, but otherwise not suitable (ice cream, rice cakes, too little protein) for someone who wants to get hard. Even the fruit, depending on what kind it is, might not be appropriate. Grapefruit yes, bananas no.

Reactions: ceo
since posting I have switched out my breakfast for a protein shake with skim milk (3 scoops is 60 gms so i stick to 1.5 scoops). I do eat chicken throughout the day usually though either for lunch or dinner. Other than that, should I be having another shake?

I think you look FAB in those pics! I don't really see bulky at all! You look very athletic and healthy! You are gonna be smokin' on your wedding day!

I agree with roxy and willow. With roxy: In agreement about not starting up with clen. What I would recommend is a great fat burner that I have had/and currently getting very good results. Forged Burner by Need2BuildMuscle. Take 1 capsule for appetite suppression and control. Take 2 capsules for extreme energy. Do not take on a empty stomach. I think you should give this product a try.

Willow mentioned about increasing your protein. I'm in agreement here as well.

Looking at your diet, this is what I would change in red:

Breakfast - rice Cake and banana 1 hour before morning workout. I would replace rice cake and banana with 5-6 egg whites, 1/2 C. of oatmeal and if you need fruit, I would have blueberries.

Preworkout supplement 30 mins before activity.

Morning Workout 11am

Lunch within 30 mins after morning workout. Consist of grilled chicken and side dish (usually rice/brocolli or veggies) and fruit. Or subway sub and a side, or some type of panera chicken salad and soup. This is ok. I usually like to consume a sugary carb about 15-20 min right after I train. I'll either have a bowl of cereal or a poptart. This helps to replace glycogen stores. Then about 30 mins after this, I will have protein--chicken or turkey and a potato.

Snack about 2 hours later - rice cakes and a piece of fruit This is okay, but I would add protein here. Either a whey protein shake or some kind of food protein and a source of fat.

Snack about 2 hours later - south beach Protein bar or other type of granola bar I'm not a huge fan of bars. If you really need it, then I would leave it alone, but once you plateau, I would switch it out and replace with food protein and carb.

Dinner - Varies - not going to lie. Sometimes it will be a light pasta (the purple box smart taste kind) with a sauce and chicken. Or some type of meal made with 99% lean turkey ground beef. Hmmm....I don't eat much pasta when I am cutting. I like potatoes or rice. Again, switch this out if you plateau.

Snack - sometimes a low fat ice cream bar or snack. I would definitely take this out if you are wanting to drop bodyfat. I would maybe do a whey protein shake and a source of fat or egg whites and source of fat.

I would re-evaluate diet at least every 2-3 weeks depending how you are progressing. Of course if you are dropping bodyfat at a reasonable rate, then keep truckin' along.

Hope this helps some.

Top Bottom