Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio Question

First I want to say that this is strictly anecdotal:

If you do cardio and then weights, it will take away from your workout because the muscle glycogen that you use to do your weight training will be depleted. When taking a shake right after your cardio to restore the glycogen, digestion of the protein will be occuring, taking blood into the stomach and away from the muscles. It will effect your workout, especially if you are taking in protein with your shake.

If you are doing weights, do them first. Your metabolic rate is increased by weight training and the cardio after will further boost your metabolism. It is not optimal for fat loss, but it is effective, just not AS effective. Remember, calories in has to be less than calories out and that is just not about calorie restriction, it is through activity too.

I know fukkenshredded does his cardio first, but that guy is a mutant.

HEY JENSCATS!

I think you will be fine ; why dont you try doing the cardio before weights only 2-3 times a week and do AM cardio 2 days a week that way 5 days you are still getting good sleep and getting a good mix of stuff; and maybe switch around the bodyparts that you are doing cardio beforehand for example: if you do cardio before back and shoulders one week ; do it before chest and arms the next. ?

when I start to miss sleep and keep pushing through it I get burnout symptoms and they last FOREVER (which is like 3-4 months.)

I'm not the expert tho but i know sometimes the details can become tedious and I just got to do what works for me. :)

jenscats5 said:
What do you guys think of this??

Since doing cardio in a fasted state is better (ie 1st thing in the am) I was thinking of still doing my cardio in a fasted state but right after work.....so if I eat my last meal no later than 2:00pm, leave work at 4:00pm - do my cardio then *right away* drink my PWO shake, THEN I'd do my weights.....

Thoughts?

Honestly......I dont think a lot of that idea.

1 - You shouldn't do cardio before weights.

2 - You shouldnt eat IMMEDIATELY after cardio as you lose the after burn - especially if you are doing HIIT

3 - You dont want to lift AFTER the PWO shake

what is the issue with, assuming you cant do am cardio, doing weights immediately after work, then cardio.....then a PWO a couple of hours later?

curgeo said:
First I want to say that this is strictly anecdotal:

If you do cardio and then weights, it will take away from your workout because the muscle glycogen that you use to do your weight training will be depleted. When taking a shake right after your cardio to restore the glycogen, digestion of the protein will be occuring, taking blood into the stomach and away from the muscles. It will effect your workout, especially if you are taking in protein with your shake.

If you are doing weights, do them first. Your metabolic rate is increased by weight training and the cardio after will further boost your metabolism. It is not optimal for fat loss, but it is effective, just not AS effective. Remember, calories in has to be less than calories out and that is just not about calorie restriction, it is through activity too.

I know fukkenshredded does his cardio first, but that guy is a mutant.
Nice CG! Glad to see you around!

The Shadow said:
Honestly......I dont think a lot of that idea.

1 - You shouldn't do cardio before weights.

2 - You shouldnt eat IMMEDIATELY after cardio as you lose the after burn - especially if you are doing HIIT

3 - You dont want to lift AFTER the PWO shake

what is the issue with, assuming you cant do am cardio, doing weights immediately after work, then cardio.....then a PWO a couple of hours later?

No issue really, other than getting a cardio machine (my gym is literally PACKED) and whether it mattered during comp. prep in doing cardio in a fasted state or not.....

I can lift 1st then do cardio or vice versa, just wondered if my original idea had any merit or not or was better or worse than doing weights then cardio....

Top Bottom