Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats your thoughts on training to failure?

I only go to failure on the last set of an exercise, so if im doing 4 exercises for chest with 4-6 sets each, i'll go to failure 4x in that whole chest workout.
If you go to failure on every set of an exercise, its counter productive, you'll just increase the need for recovery without any additional growth.

What you are suggesting is correct....to an extent. It gives back to my first post on intensity vs volume. You are doing high volume, so going to failure every set of every exercise would be ridiculous. You would be fatigued and over trained without the potential of full recovery.

DC is very low volume, and only one exercise and one rest pause set per body part, which is why going to failure on every set of every exercise is done for optimal growth and recovery.

Thanks for the responses guys. One thing I guess I should of mentioned is I only go to failure on my last set of each exercise. And then I still felt good after a 60 second break so I decided to do some more light weight stuff to burn out and I was mostly questioning about burning yourself out afterwards if you still felt like you had a bit to give. But I think I got sufficient answers. Keep it simple and like stevesmi said lift hard, eat well, and rest.

I kick my ass every time I step in the gym. I go until I can't go anymore and it works for me. Now I don't go to absolute failure on every working set. I'm not gonna burn myself out benching 4 plates for reps if I want to attempt a new 3 rep pr. But after I attempt my goal, I burn out on my drop sets. Whether it be pause reps, dead presses, or high reps etc I go to failure on every one of those and all my assistance exercises. Over the years you will figure out what works best for you. You pick up things along the way but you must adapt them to fit your body.

Try putting that study in front of the countless guys that have blown up using DC training. DC is rest pause sets to failure on each and every set of every exercise. There are a lot of very experienced top level guys that don't train any other way than DC. Dante himself (inventor of DC) went from about 180 to 280 using his program. I've been doing it for a year, and honestly no other training style has given me more growth or strength

I'll try to find more evidence , but this study pretty much dittos my views on this subject. Training to failure at any time is simply not necessary. There is no evidence that doing that extra 1 - 2 reps is going to result in any extra muscle or strength

And as far as those "big guys doing DC" , he's a quote from someone even bigger ....Dorian Yates. Check what he says at the beginning of this video

Top Bottom