Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Wewt, getting stronger is the best feeling

Lee

Yes, I'm still weak compared to most you on here, but I'm making progress. I started 5x5 this week, so I decided to up the weight on some of my lifts, since I hadn't in 3 weeks. On monday, I did 5x5 with 90 on bb curl, instead of 80 pounds. Then I did 115 pounds on T-bar for 5x5 instead of my old 90 pounds used. Yesterday I did skull crushers with 85 for 5x5 instead of the old 75. Then I did 2 sets of 10 reps with 185, when last week I couldnt do even 1 set of 8 reps with 185. I'm so stoked on these lifts, I can't wait to add the 5 pounds next week for the 5x5 program.

sounds good, congradulations. i have done that program and i do have one bit of advice. needsize says when you start you pick a weight that isnt the most challanging, that way you can increase by 5 lbs everyweek. you actually jumped up in weight to start the program. not that its not that bad, but you may get stuck sooner that you think. i did that on incline bench press.

so just keep that in mind.

X

It doesn't matter one iota how strong or weak other people are. All that matters is YOU are getting STRONGER.

Looks like some great progress. Don't worry about what everyone else can lift. Unfortuneate part of life there is always someone bigger, stronger, faster, etc. The point is to make yourself the biggest, strongest, fastest, best you that you can be. Also remember that you are probably stonger than 90% of the general population already.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Nice work Lee, but my only piece of advice is make sure you keep those weight jumps small just like Exodus said. Get real friendly with those 2.5lb plates cause in the end it makes a HUGE difference.

yea, im doin 5x5 now, so ill be trying to increase weight 5 pounds a week. its nice, at my gym they have pre-made barbless with weight going from 20 to 120 pounds in 5 pounds increments, works perfecty for my curl. i wanna be up to the 120 by the time i move in the end of june

My gym has 10 lb increments :(. I think I'm going to use an olympic bar :). Good work man, I'm only at 60 lbs :(, but I'm happy I doubled my curl in a months time.

damn, thats realy impressive. i wish i could double my curl weight within this next month. if i was curling 180 i would be the strongest guy in my gym.

Top Bottom