Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training 4 or 5 times a week for mass?

John McLane

Ive been training for 9 years, 41 y/o, just about to finish a cutting diet , 185lbs at 5"7'. Will be going onto a new clean bulking diet in August, no cardio, will be eating loads and lifting heavy. Will not be doing much cardio, work in an office Mon-Fri. So, shoild I train Mon, Tue, Thu and Fri or Mon-Fri straight through?

With the right split, volume, diet, and rest, training 4-5 times/week is definitely doable, with or without AAS.

I think a 2-day on/1-day off schedule is preferable to 5-days straight from a recovery standpoint.

A sample split that would fit your needs (there are plenty of alternatives that are as good or better; I happen to like this one):

W1: Chest/Triceps
W2: Back/Biceps
Rest
W3: Shoulders/Traps
W4: Legs
Rest
Rest (or restart split)

Good luck!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

With the right split, volume, diet, and rest, training 4-5 times/week is definitely doable, with or without AAS.

I think a 2-day on/1-day off schedule is preferable to 5-days straight from a recovery standpoint.

A sample split that would fit your needs (there are plenty of alternatives that are as good or better; I happen to like this one):

W1: Chest/Triceps
W2: Back/Biceps
Rest
W3: Shoulders/Traps
W4: Legs
Rest
Rest (or restart split)

Good luck!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Soubds good, 5 times a week for an hour each session, and 30 mins cardio 5 times a week is a bit much for me, even when on.

you grow when you rest, not in the gym...
i go 3xwk when off and try for 4xwk when on but sometimes then im still not ready to bring it hard...

Same here when bulking up I go 3 or 4 times a week focusing on core lifts and saw alot of results.

What works for me when its bulking time is I cut cardio to 2x a week and always do i after I Lift that way you go into your weight training with a full tank of gas; Cardio can really burn you up...most people dont breathe right and in doing so they're weight training will suffur; Weights, diet, and sleep need to be emphasized when trying to pack on lean muscle mass..Good luck to you bro!; hope it works out for you. I always had a tendency to be lean and hard when training but got it dialed in finally after about 10 years of learning how..

I am doing wendler 5/3/1 which is a 4 day per week routine. working great for me now.

What works for me when its bulking time is I cut cardio to 2x a week and always do i after I Lift that way you go into your weight training with a full tank of gas; Cardio can really burn you up...most people dont breathe right and in doing so they're weight training will suffur; Weights, diet, and sleep need to be emphasized when trying to pack on lean muscle mass..Good luck to you bro!; hope it works out for you. I always had a tendency to be lean and hard when training but got it dialed in finally after about 10 years of learning how..

You know what, I have been training as long as you and I to, have finally learned how to get dialled in....thanks for your help.

Top Bottom