Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tai Jutsu-gen Karate

young guns

in my searches for some martial arts studios in my area i found one that offers BJJ, which i am very interested in.

the studio also offers tai jutsu-gen karate. here is their description of the style:

"AT STEEL CITY MARTIAL ARTS WE ARE PROUD OF THE CURRICULUM THAT WE TEACH. IT IS SOME OF THE MOST DIVERSE TRAINING THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN THE AREA. OUR FORM OF KARATE, CALLED TAI JUTSU-GEN KARATE IS A SELF DEFENSE CENTERED TRAINING STYLE. OUR STYLE IS CONSIDERED A MIXED MARTIAL ART. IT'S ORIGINS CAN BE TRACED BACK TO TAI JUTSU, JISSEN AND KENKA KARATE. YOU WILL LEARN THE TRADITIONAL KICKS AND PUNCHES, BUT INCORPORATED INTO YOUR STUDIES WILL ALSO BE CONTROL AND MANIPULATION TECHNIQUES DESIGNED TO BE USED IN SELF DEFENSE. THIS IS A STYLE OF KARATE THAT CAN BE MASTERED BY WOMEN AND MEN OF ALL AGES. YET IS CHALLENGING ENOUGH TO GET YOU INTO PEAK PHYSICAL CONDITION."

so what do you guys think? is this a good MA for self-defense in your opinions?

i am also looking into muay thai. do you think thai is goin to be more street practical or do you think the above mentioned karate couldbe just as useful for me?

How do your instructors feel about mixing styles? That's a question that might come up.

well the same instructor teaches both, so i would guess he would encourage it.

if you go to steelcitymartialarts.com there is some info about the instructor. he has studied JJ since age 15, and has 30 years MA experience between JJ and karate, with over 10 years teaching experience in this form of karate.

Top Bottom