Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

stationary bike..thoughts?

bgbay

I'm not a big fan of cardio, i know alot of people aren't. But I udnerstand it's important in reaching physical goals such as a single digit bf%. I find the treadmil to be hard on me and extremely boring, however I can rip through 30 mins on the bike and it goes by pretty fast. Given proper diet, would this be a sufficent form of cardio to shredding fat?

I'm not a big fan of cardio, i know alot of people aren't. But I udnerstand it's important in reaching physical goals such as a single digit bf%. I find the treadmil to be hard on me and extremely boring, however I can rip through 30 mins on the bike and it goes by pretty fast. Given proper diet, would this be a sufficent form of cardio to shredding fat?

What does your heart rate reach? I find it hard to belive you could really reach a target heart rate unless going super hard on a stationary bike. Atleast I cant......Look at the calories you are burning I would venture to say it prob only around 200 for 30mins which almost seems like a waste of time.

Have you ever looked into hiit? It will put a hurting on you but you can get a killer session going on in only 15-20mins

calories said 400 on the bike, I usually go pretty fast the whole time, travel 13 or 14 miles. I've done HIIT but it's killer with doing Wendler 5/3/1 and MMA. (I find MMA is kind of like HIIT) when sparring because it goes up and down non-stop.

I always found the bike kinda boring, but then I have a TV in front of the treadmill. :) I used to do about 600 calories on the treadmill, but because of my knees I couldn't do it anymore. So I bought an elliptical in December and it has really made a difference; still bugs my knees a bit, but the lower back is no problem. I bought on with the rotating arms, so it gives my abs a good workout too. Don't buy a cheap one, you'll regret it.

Does it get your heart rate up high enough?

That is the big ? If your burning 400 in 30mins on a bike that is pretty impressive. If your doing mma that should be plenty of cardio to get you under 10%. I fought for 5 years and your hard pressed to find better cardio then that.

I like the eliptical. Easy on my bad knees. I can usually burn about 600 cals on the eliptical. I will even use it for hiit.

Take spin classes at your gym. THey are hard, and yes you burn a lot of calories if your going at it intense wise. You see many fat bikers?

Take spin classes at your gym. THey are hard, and yes you burn a lot of calories if your going at it intense wise. You see many fat bikers?

Those are ayerdyne bikes. I am assuming that the op is talking about a normal stationary bike you find in the gym. Big diff! No doubt you can get a crazy workout from a spin class

good enough, I dn't do treadmil cause it is hard on me, I gess i could swich up betwenthe eliptical and bike. I get my heart rate up hih with the bike yes, i sweat like a priest at a little league game

Top Bottom