Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

RickRock's precontest SHREDDER with MR Supps and Transdermal Tren/winny!!

Awesome as always buddy. Rooting for you!

And yes for god's sake stop that test e so all of that damn water retention can leave your bloated ass already...

...psht lol

Lol....actually I feel a little bloated this morning from all that pasta and carbs last night, but nothing major. Weight only went up about a pound of bloat from the day before, so not bad.

I will be eating clean at around 1800-2k over the next 3 days, then another cheat on Friday...which is technically my last one. My peak week starting with sodium loading/carb depletion starts on Sunday!

Well guys, I am in the process of planning out my peak week, which is coming right up and starting in just a few days. There are a lot of conflicting information out there on what competitors think is the "proper" wy to peak for a show, but I have researched and researched and think I've finally came up with a plan I intend to follow for the most part.

I've already started loading sodium starting yesterday, and increased water dramatically. I've added salt to all my meals and I'm now drinking 2-2.5 gallons of water per day. This is a pretty big change for me since I've pretty much been at a lower sodium level and at just around a gallon per day of water. I really expected adding all the water and sodium to bloat me up quite a bit, but to my surprise I woke this morning looking better in the AM than I have in a ong time. I did have about 4 trips to the bathroom last night, so the water was pouring out of me. This flushing of my system may be just what I needed. The introduction of sodium has seemed to make me fuller and harder too, and visibly more vascular.

So my plan for peak week is basically going to start with depleting carbs for 3 days with high water intake, then start carb loading at 3 days out and I will keep the water high but reduced over the 3 days. Sodium I really would like to not change unless I feel I have to, but at the most I will just slightly reduce it on Thursdy and Friday before the show. I will add in a herbal diuretic (dandelion root) on Thursday as well to help dry out. Here is the plan for now...

Sunday: start depleting carbs (carbs to only trace amounts), water at 2-2.5 gallons, sodium high (salt all meals) LISS cardio

Monday: carbs, water and sodium the same as Sunday, depletion weight training

Tuesday: everything same as Monday

Wednesday: start carb loading with mostly fast acting simple carbs at around 500g (things like fat free candy, cookies, pop tarts, pasta, rice cakes with peanut butter) protein reduced to 1g/lb bodyweight. No protein shakes and no green veggies. Sodium kept high, water kept high 2-2.5 gallons

Thursday: continue carb load at 400g (more complex carbs than simple carbs like sweet potatoes, brown rice, oats, rice cakes). Water at 1.5-2 gallons, sodium moderate to high, strt herbal diuretic (dandelion root)

Friday: at one day out carbs continue loading at 300g primarily coming from complex clean sources (sweet potatoes, brown rice, oats, rice cakes, etc) sodium will be low to moderate until the last meal. Water will be at around a gallon-1.5 gallons and get cut off completely around 5 or 6 PM. I will then have a final meal after that that will contain a decent amount of fat, moderate protein, high carbs, and about 2,000mg sodium. After that I will have a glass or two of wine before heading to bed before show day.

Saturday: SHOW TIME!! First meal (around 6 AM) I plan to have some pancakes with maple syrup and maybe a donut or two. I will judge what I eat based on how full I think I am and how much more I need to fill out. Prejudging is at 11 AM so I don't have a lot of time to carb up if need be. I will have fat free candy, rice cakes with peanut butter, chocolate bars, Reese's. cups, pop tarts, and other goodies to snack on throughout the day and fill out when I need to. Water will be at sips only as needed all throughout the day. I will probably do 40-50g of carbs every couple hours up to the evening show.

Tomorrow I am planning a BIG carb up to see how I respond to it. I'm eating similar to how I plan to eat on Wednesday carb up to see if I spill over any and assess my carb sensitivity better. I won't be adjusting water or sodium really, but I obviously won't have water from the time I go to bed until the time I wake up on Saturday, so hopefully it will fill me out well without spilling over and I then plan to pump up a little and take some pics. This will help me decide if I need to change anything those final days. I'd really like to keep water in as long as possible, and sodium unchanged before show day so hopefully this plan will show me that I don't need to do anything other than carbup with what I had planned, and cut off water t the right time with the diuretic. I'm looking forward to eating a bunch of good stuff tomorrow, and it will be a nice treat before the dreaded carb depletion to come. I know cals will be through the roof, but I'm in the condition I need to be so I'm not worried about it. Just need to peak right, and I will be happy with how I ended up....win or lose. T least I will have known I went in as good as I could have.

Any comments, critique, or questions, feel free to ask!

I've never done a show, so maybe this is totally ridiculous, but I have read about an epson salt bath the night before to pull water out of the skin. Ever read anything about that? This whole week before a show to peaking protocol is totally foreign to me, and based on your above post seems rather complex. Good luck bro!

As a side note, I was searching logs for my first epi-strong cycle I am getting ready to start and came across your first one from back in 2010. It'd be sick to add 15 or 16 lbs like you did on that cycle.

I've never done a show, so maybe this is totally ridiculous, but I have read about an epson salt bath the night before to pull water out of the skin. Ever read anything about that? This whole week before a show to peaking protocol is totally foreign to me, and based on your above post seems rather complex. Good luck bro!

As a side note, I was searching logs for my first epi-strong cycle I am getting ready to start and came across your first one from back in 2010. It'd be sick to add 15 or 16 lbs like you did on that cycle.

Epsom salt baths are something guys used to do back in the day, but I don't know that many do anymore. I'm going to skip that, as I don't think I will need it. Between cutting water out the night before, the diuretic, and a glass of wine...I should be pretty dry come show day hopefully.

I loved that Epi-strong cycle. The gains I made on it were pretty sick indeed. I gained more on that solo PH cycle than any others I've ran.

Sick log man, good luck @ the show I'm sure your gonna kill it bro

Can't wait to see you take that win man!

Thanks guys! I'm pretty happy with my condition. I know as last as I peak good, I have a good chance of competing well and possibly placing recent. At 38, Not too bad for an old guy...lol.

No matter what happens its a great learning experience for the future that will help me do even better in later events down the road.

I went a little overboard on my carb up Friday on ended with 5600 cals and 705g carbs...lol. It definitely filled me up well, but two days later I'm still a little bit spilled over from the carbs despite having two long 90 minute LISS cardio sessions. I just went all out on eating that day. Probably should have cut back a little but I wanted to see what my carb limit was on capacity before spilling and how quickly it could go away.

I've decided I'm going to take a more conservative approach this peak week and not make as drastic changes as I had planned. Instead of going basically no carb during my depletion phase, ongoing to reduce each day through Tuesday doing about 160g today, 130g tomorrow, and less than 100g on Tuesday. I will also be doing depletion weight training tomorrow and Tuesday. It will be full body workouts both days with light weights in the 15-25 rep range, a couple sets per body part with 1 minute rest between sets. This should help further burn and empty glycogen stores.

Then my carbup starting Wednesday will be reduced to around 450g, and 250g Thursday, and 150g Friday. I will reasess things come Saturday show day on how much I need more to eat and fill out. I wanted to err more on the side of caution instead of risking spillover. With physique my size is more than enough, so the cuts and definition need to be my focus. I'm actually pretty close to being on the line for too muscular for physique. If I add much more muscle, I probably won't be able to do another physique show and will have to go bodybuilding.

So I took some pics after waking this morning and they were decent I guess. I'm still little spilled over and holding a little water from the huge carb day and having the high sodium intake, but its not too terrible. Bodyfat is holding at around 4.9% but reads up to 5.2% depending on how much Sub-Q water I'm retaining at the time. Morning Weight was 172.

View attachment 102173View attachment 102183View attachment 102193View attachment 102203View attachment 102213View attachment 102223

'decent I guess' ... Don't be so hard on yourself. You look amazing my friend

Top Bottom