Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifting my way to Happiness - Al420's log

al420 said:
My mouth does not itch but my left eyeball does - go figure.

I want to see those Friday numbers - the triple to be more specific

squats - 480 lbs. x 3
bench - 305 lbs. x 3
rows - 280 lbs. x 3

Happy now........I'm sick to my stomach!! :worried:

BiggT said:
I'd do both back w/ legs (squats and pulls) on Mon-Wed-Fri, maybe Sat do some clean-up shit for bis/tris/calves.....on either Tues or Sat you can try some pressing, there is nothing wrong with bagging the flat bench....when your shoulder stops hurting, give push presses a go, or declines, or believe it or not, inclines......maybe push presses one day, decline barbell and incline dumbell the next? There will be a press that doesn't aggrivate.

Help me lay something out please sir. What about

Monday
Back Squat 1x10, 4x6
DL 1x10, 4x6
Leg Press 3x8
Lat Pulldown (can't do chins till shoulder is better - I tried yesterday) 3x8

Wednesday
Front Squat 1x10, 3x6
BB Row 1x10, 3x6
BB Lunge 3x6 (I want to get in some one legged stuff as my right leg is lacking in strength and size)

Friday
Back Squat 1x10, 4x6, 1x3
DL 1x10, 4x6, 1x3
Leg Press 3x8
Lat Pulldown 3x8

I hate even typing lat pulldowns, I hate doing them - pulling overhead is my weakest back movement and besides that they just don't seem to do anything. Maybe I should do BB Rows instead?

what are u gonan do for your RC/shoulder? i have a slight pain too.. but maybe not as serious as yours.. i'd like to look into fixing it..

carlsuen said:
what are u gonan do for your RC/shoulder? i have a slight pain too.. but maybe not as serious as yours.. i'd like to look into fixing it..

I am using ice and ibuprofen - per Dr. recomendation. Ice is 20 min on and 20 min off. I iced it last night and it felt great. It feels decent today. I think will be pressing next week.

Did legs today - lower back was so pumped I could barely finish. THinking it is the Dbol.

Back Squats: 135x10, 185x10, 225x8, 275x8, 315x7 (almost had to dump it on #7 - went down too fast for sure - trying to make sure I am not bending any and looking damn near straight up caused me to loose my balance a bit - weird for a breif moment)
Leg Press: 720x8, 810x8, 810x8 - back still killing me
SLDL: No F'ing way - lower back was toast.
Leg Curls: 110x8, 110x6, 110x6
Leg Extentions: 150x8, 170x8, 190x8 - way to light - did them on a diff machine than I am used to.

That was it - my lower back was really pumped. It is fine now. All and all I feel like this workout was dog shit. I went back a few pages and see that minus missing the SLDL it was decent, but still. I have been falling back into an over training rut. It is now broken. I will only be lifting MWF next week. Cardio On Tu,Th,Sat. Nothing serious on cardio. My body responds best to slow and long sessions - typically walking uphill on the treadmill for about 60 min - at least that is what has stripped the most fat to date. I box, and as most people notice you can have tremendous cardio endurance and still carry plenty of fat, as many pro boxers do. Problem w/ the walking is I can barely finish w/ out wanting to jump out the window.....really boring. I could take it outside - there is a great 3/4/7/10 mile trail around a lake right across the street from my gym - but when I get down there and see all the runners I always seem to start to run - which for whatever reason does not trim me up as well.

Weight this AM: 219.5 Up 6lbs in 8 Days

Last edited:
long slow incline walks are the best thing in the world imo, but yes they're boring as hell.. how about a 90 min walk outside instead, the time flies when you're actually moving around :)

squats are moving in the right direction

al420 said:
Did legs today - lower back was so pumped I could barely finish. THinking it is the Dbol.

Back Squats: 135x10, 185x10, 225x8, 275x8, 315x7 (almost had to dump it on #7 - went down too fast for sure - trying to make sure I am not bending any and looking damn near straight up caused me to loose my balance a bit - weird for a breif moment)
Leg Press: 720x8, 810x8, 810x8 - back still killing me
SLDL: No F'ing way - lower back was toast.
Leg Curls: 110x8, 110x6, 110x6
Leg Extentions: 150x8, 170x8, 190x8 - way to light - did them on a diff machine than I am used to.

That was it - my lower back was really pumped. It is fine now. All and all I feel like this workout was dog shit. I went back a few pages and see that minus missing the SLDL it was decent, but still. I have been falling back into an over training rut. It is now broken. I will only be lifting MWF next week. Cardio On Tu,Th,Sat. Nothing serious on cardio. My body responds best to slow and long sessions - typically walking uphill on the treadmill for about 60 min - at least that is what has stripped the most fat to date. I box, and as most people notice you can have tremendous cardio endurance and still carry plenty of fat, as many pro boxers do. Problem w/ the walking is I can barely finish w/ out wanting to jump out the window.....really boring. I could take it outside - there is a great 3/4/7/10 mile trail around a lake right across the street from my gym - but when I get down there and see all the runners I always seem to start to run - which for whatever reason does not trim me up as well.

Weight this AM: 219.5 Up 6lbs in 8 Days

Maybe just try pushing the skinny runners in the lake when they come by. Or you could trip them and yell "flat tire" when they fall. These are all great fun games to do when your on those walks. I'm just walking 20 in the am and 20 more in the pm Tues, Thurs, and Sat. Do you think that's plenty or should I step it up? My waist is growing but so is everything else. What do you think???

Maybe you could try substituting RDLs for stifflegs if your back is fried. Both joeskopec and uxlax.edu have video links.
I know you might say something about substituting exercises but c'mon they're almost the same. Just you're allowed to bend your knees and you don't go down so low which takes the pressure off your back

Tweakle said:
long slow incline walks are the best thing in the world imo, but yes they're boring as hell.. how about a 90 min walk outside instead, the time flies when you're actually moving around :)

squats are moving in the right direction

Thanks Tweakle. I have been pushing Back Squats and Deadlifts the hardest for sure.

FFQuads said:
Maybe just try pushing the skinny runners in the lake when they come by. Or you could trip them and yell "flat tire" when they fall. These are all great fun games to do when your on those walks. I'm just walking 20 in the am and 20 more in the pm Tues, Thurs, and Sat. Do you think that's plenty or should I step it up? My waist is growing but so is everything else. What do you think???

I like the "flat tire" idea. Sounds like a decent way to pass the time. Thanks bro. Oh - and 20 AM and 20 PM sounds about right for a fat little retard. Good luck with your life and your lifts. ;)

fortunatesun said:
Maybe you could try substituting RDLs for stifflegs if your back is fried. Both joeskopec and uxlax.edu have video links.
I know you might say something about substituting exercises but c'mon they're almost the same. Just you're allowed to bend your knees and you don't go down so low which takes the pressure off your back

I will check out those links - thanks bro. I think stifflegs are harder on my lower back. I have serious hamstring flexibility issues so if I go very low I am toast - not to mention the lack of weight - although I have never really tried to do SLDL's in lower reps so maybe I could do a weight I could get excited about. I really think the back pump was/is just the Dbol and I can work through it. I decided to take an extra 10mgs on Friday for whatever reason. I am dropping it back down for now and will see how Mondays lifting goes. I will be one rested and fed mofo by Monday afternoon. :chomp:

My shoulder injury has made me think a bit more about my form. This week I will be really focused on:

Squating form - I am not doing a good morning at the bottom but I think I am dipping a tad.

On Deads - that I get low in the begining and stay focused on a higher focal point.

I am also going to give myslef the time I need to recover on lifting days. This means if it takes 2hrs to complete my planned workout then so be it - if my back gets too pumped I will rest.

On the same token if I am in and out in 45 minutes I have to accept that as well - no tinkering or "extra" stuff

Last edited:
Top Bottom