Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critque first time workout

MattB

Monday - Chest & Biceps

Flat Bench Press
Dumbell Press
Dumbell Flys
Barbell Curls
Dumbell Curls

Wednesday - Shoulders & Back

Military Press
Side Laterals
Barbell Shrugs
Dumbell Shrugs
Deadlifts
Bent Over Rows

Friday - Legs & Triceps

Squats
Standing Calf Raises
Stiff Legged Deadlifts
Barbell lunges
Tricep Extension
Close Grip Bench Press

How is it?

seem almost to good
on my personal opinion
since your only doing 2 tricep execersices
i would go with dips
everything else seems just great

It looks good.

I would add hammer curls to your biceps, and add an incline movement to your chest day.

I think it will come down to how quickly you personally heal from a previous workout.

Example...Will your biceps be up to speed on Wednesday's back workout? If not, it could slow your progress on back day because of the bicep involvement. Every M, W, & F your triceps are being worked. Squatting with only one day rest after deadlifting. It all looks pretty good on the surface, but the big question mark is your recuperative abilities.

MattB said:
Monday - Chest & Biceps

Flat Bench Press
Dumbell Press
Dumbell Flys
Barbell Curls
Dumbell Curls

Wednesday - Shoulders & Back

Military Press
Side Laterals
Barbell Shrugs
Dumbell Shrugs
Deadlifts
Bent Over Rows

Friday - Legs & Triceps

Squats
Standing Calf Raises
Stiff Legged Deadlifts
Barbell lunges
Tricep Extension
Close Grip Bench Press

How is it?

uh.. well I would group together- chest/ bis/ front delts, back/tris/ rear delts & have legs/ glutes on their own day. howabout abs?

Also, do your DB press & flyes on the incline bench, & put deadlifts 1st on back day or you will be toast!! LOL.

i have to agree that his ability to squat only 2 days after deadlifting is up to how his body handles it. Currently, i box squat monday, deadlift tuesday, full squat wednesday, and my legs are loving it.

i definetly agree with tactile on separating some of the bi and tri work, but again, this is dependant on how your body responds. you may be ok for a while, but it could come back to haunt you. i know from personal experience that if i try to push too much arm work (as in day after day), i begin to feel it in my elbows and my lifts suffer. i had to back off on some work for a while just because of this.

definetly do your db press on the incline bench instead of flat bench.

what rep/set scheme are you working with for this routine? if you're fresh to weights, i'd say do 2 sets of 10 of everything the first week or two and concentrate on your stretching. give your body some time to work out the soreness. after those 2 weeks, you might want to try 4 sets of every exercise with a 12, 10, 8, 6 rep scheme, increasing weight every set. that rep/set scheme worked very well for me, and i do a lot of my exercises currently in 3 sets (i drop the 12 rep set). i'm going back to the 4 sets once the fall semester starts, as my entire routine is going to change. i'm kind of stuck in what i have now becuse of my schedule.

oh yeah, don't forget to eat.

and eat.

and eat.

and eat.

and eat some more after that :D

Top Bottom