Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Basic lifting routine, for health.

fyxgel2

Banned
Hey guys. I used to lift for awhile back in highschool for sports and all, and I followed one of their routines back then.

Lately I have gotten lazy and not really been lifting at all, or when I do, its kind of sporadic (maybe like once a month, and I have no thought out routine when I do it, i just do whatever)

I decided I need a routine, and maybe that will encourage me to do this on a regular basis.

My only goal really is lifting for health, for strength. I dont desire to get incredibally strong, and looking buff is not really a goal of mine either, I want to keep aesthetics out of the equation and do this soley for health. Maybe like 30 minutes a day, 3 times a week or something. or twice a week for 45 minutes or something like that.

any ideas for some good routines?

I have some good advice I hope.......

at your local gym they should have like life fitness machines or similar machines set up in like a circuit training set up... do this circuit like 3 times a week and maybe 45 minutes per workout and that should be good enough to stay healthy and gain some strength. (the circuit should have all the machines to work every part of your body) I know it is all machines but it can be a challenging workout also if your on like a timed supersetting routine it will add an anarobic workout too !!!

hope that helps :)

sounds like you dont have any real desire to train

instead of wasting your time with something you dont enjoy why not try jogging with a few pushups every now and then.

Would I be right in assuming that you're a light boned skinny guy and you don't deep down believe you can ever get big or strong & your training hasn't worked very well so far?

Here's my workout. Maybe it can give you some ideas....

Day 1 - Upper Body:

Barbell Row
Bench Press
Military Press
Chinups
Dips

Day 2 - Treadmill - 30 minutes brisk walk

Day 3 - Lower Body:

Squat
Leg Extension
Leg Curl
Calf Raise
Weighted Decline Situps

Day 4 - Treadmill - 30 minutes brisk walk

REPEAT

I hit every muscle in my body, and because it's not a fixed M-F split I can take a day off when I feel like it. I do 2 working sets for every exercise, with the second set taken to positive failure. I prefer 10 reps for upper body, and 15 reps for lower body. I know I'll never be a monster with that workout, but it keeps me in good overall shape.

I would go with 2 fullbody workouts a week lasting about an hour. Going to the gym twice is easier than going three times :p. To be honest though, I'm not sure how having muscle makes you more healthy? I would think cardiovascular fitness would be more important to your health and how you feel each day.

hey everyone, thanks for the replies.

mikeyboy - good idea, i think supersets and circuit training are good ways to get in shape. they make you use your muscles, and you're forced to workout at a pace.

tweakle - lol, no actually i am quite the opposite. I have trained before, I'm pretty heavy boned actually, and I do gain muscle easily, but it is just not really my thing to look buff and big. It's not that I've given up on being big, its that being big isnt my goal, i just want to be relatively strong, for the sake of being strong.

tactile - thanks for the idea. The alternating idea is nice and simple, and ur right it probably wont make you into a mass monster, but it will get you strong.

lavi - lifting weights is good for your health in general. I am already doing cardio so I dont need to add more of that, and lifting is good because it makes u stronger, strengthens your bones/tendons, etc, so I want to add some lifting to my current cardio routine.

ok, fair enough. It's just that normaly 'I want to stay in shape' comes from people who've given up because conventional training doesnt work for them

a couple of full body wo's a week and some cardio should do you fine, just dont go too heavy or too hard

Top Bottom