Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Another 2 Deadlift PR's

WalkingBeast

Elite Dementor
Platinum
I hit 2 more PR's tonight. Just wanted to post em up! I got 405 for 12 reps, and 455 for 5 on the deadlift. Both 2 rep PR's. I havent deadlifted off the floor much, in a long time however. Most of my work is on the lowest setting in the rack. But for the past few weeks Ive been doing rack deads and floor deads, and I think I will for a while. The heavy T-bar rows no doubt had an effect on wearing me out a little before the deads, but felt good. Ill post up my last 2 routines in the journal later as well. The PR's were already my 14 and 15th sets. ThanX for the encouragement!!

jcp2 said:
you can break 510.

ThanX brother!! Appreciate the encouragement!! Based on my deadlift off the lowest setting on the rack, I estimate my deadlift off the floor at around 520-530. Hope Im right!! I got 575 off the rack, and last I tested the difference between rack and floor was 60lbs, but sometimes it fluctuates. When I first hit 500lbs on the dead, I believe the difference was only 35lbs. My goal for now is 660 off the rack, and by that time I think 600 will definately be mine off the floor. ThanX again!!

Thats what im talking about!!!!!!! Walking, a dedicated driven individual..you will get your 520-530 i have no doubt..good work.. :supercool

WalkingBeast said:
My goal for now is 660 off the rack, and by that time I think 600 will definately be mine off the floor. ThanX again!!
How about i meat you their brother, i have been stuck in the mid to high 500's for over a year, a few injuries and personal issues have stagnated me, but that is all changing.

Walking and JCP,
im very close to 5 wheels (about 2weeks away) DL's are rather new to me been doing them about 8 months..i have always always pulled from the floor..My mind set is that if you want to improve from the floor thats where u should practice..I am not close minded though and was wondering if doing them from the rack has really helped ur pull from the floor? thanks fellas

wnt2bBeast said:
Walking and JCP,
im very close to 5 wheels (about 2weeks away) DL's are rather new to me been doing them about 8 months..i have always always pulled from the floor..My mind set is that if you want to improve from the floor thats where u should practice..I am not close minded though and was wondering if doing them from the rack has really helped ur pull from the floor? thanks fellas
I know alot of guys like pulling from the rack, i pesonally don't. I always felt that off the floor was my weakness, and not past the knees, at least not yet. I have just started working much harder on my hips and glutes and hams, i am going to assume this should help me quite a bit more than partial deads. Pulling from the rack may have more of an affect on hypertrophy though, you will get pretty close to constant tension, i would assume, in the muscles of the upper back. It is just one of those exercises that just doesn't feel right to me.

jcp2 said:
I know alot of guys like pulling from the rack, i pesonally don't. I always felt that off the floor was my weakness, and not past the knees, at least not yet. I have just started working much harder on my hips and glutes and hams, i am going to assume this should help me quite a bit more than partial deads. Pulling from the rack may have more of an affect on hypertrophy though, you will get pretty close to constant tension, i would assume, in the muscles of the upper back. It is just one of those exercises that just doesn't feel right to me.

Thanks for your honesty bro.. :supercool

Top Bottom