Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I over training?

rugbylife

I went on a low carb diet and lost 45lbs. After loosing the weight i noticed i wasn't as muscular as i thought. So I started hitting the gym 5 days a week and resting on the weekends. My workout looks like this...
Mon: chest and back
tues: shoulders, bi's and tri's
wed: legs and abbs
thurs: chest and back
fri: shoulders, bi's and tri's
sat: rest
sun: rest

Im seeing results but not as fast as i thought i would be

IMO you shouldn't work two large muscle groups like back and chest in the same session. Do you work legs besides cardio? Or any core exercises? You'll get better results if you train your whole body not just certain parts.

My phone sent that last one when I wasn't done for some reason. To answer your question what I do is something like:
Mon- chest/calves
Tue-back/soulders
Wed-legs/abs
Thur-bi's/tri's
Fri-rotate muscle groups from week to week to be worked twice in the same week
Sat-cardio
Sun-rest
Power clings are a great all-round work out for the body
Every so often I rotate which muscle groups I work together and changes my routine about every 4 weeks or so. Just depends on my progress or lack there of

thanks man. i left out that i absolutly hate cardio but i have rugby practice on thurs. and games on sat. so im getting cardio 2 days a week and having fun while doing it. i still have some BF% about 20% i've been thinking about tossing in plyometrics on mon or tues to try and drop some more BF%. Should i do plyo on my bi's and tri's days? or wreck my legs and do it on leg days?

Consider

Back / Bi

Chest / Tri

Legs / Shoulders

Repeat, then one day of rest.

Listen to your body, it will tell you if your overtraining. Eat big, drink lots of water, get lots of sleep.

Mon - Chest Heavy & Bi's Conjugate, finish with Abs
Tues - Quads, Hams, Calves, finish with Core*
Wed - Cardio
Thurs - Shoulders, Finish with Abs
Friday - Cardio
Saturday - Back & Tri's, finish with Core*
Sunday - Off (cardio if you can manage it)

This routine has served me great recently, also I like to do a lot of super sets for example, rather than doing back workouts then tri workouts, ill do a set of back workout then a set tri workout back to back.

*Core may include your obliques and maybe a little lower back.

Power clings are a great strength training exercise. Most every competitive athlete does them. from football to mma, they're proven. If you don't think so you might not be doing them correctly. They're not an entire routine only part. Do you not think they're any good?

Power clings are a great strength training exercise. Most every competitive athlete does them. from football to mma, they're proven. If you don't think so you might not be doing them correctly. They're not an entire routine only part. Do you not think they're any good?

Its not Power Clings, its Power Cleans. lmao its all good though they do sound the same

and yes they are an awesome exercise, power cleans that is :chomp:

Top Bottom