Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

woohoo

sah1975

Good Bro
Well after a clean diet except for sunday for a week and a half I have lost 5 lbs. Thanks to everyone who has helped me with getting my daily intake right took me a while to figure it out but i think its working :D

congrats... but...

unless you are very much overweight (and even then), 5lbs in less than 2 weeks is a lot, probably too much, you should be careful, you're probably loosing a lot of muscle there which will ultimate slow your metabolism and defeat your purpose...

go for a pound to a pound and a half a week, slow changes are maintainable and become lifestyle changes... if you loose too much too fast your liable to set yourself up for a nasty rebound...

there are no quick fixes or shortcuts to places worth going...

(it took me over 3 years to loose around 35-40 lbs... but i'm never looking back)

The last time i Lost a little wait I lost around the same amount the first 2 weeks but after the first week I only was losing 1-2 lbs every 2 weeks so That little extra in the beginning always seems jto help. Well Im at 160 lbs now and im 5'4 last i checked was 22% bf

Can you buy those bf fat measurement things anywhere or just get it done at the gym?

okay, as long as you don't either 1) beat your self up over not maintaining the decrease week after week and/or 2) go to drastic means to maintain...

you can buy calipers for home use, but they probably won't be very accurate unless you know how to use them.. you may want to invest in or see if your gym has a tantia scale... its not extremely accurate, but it will give you a ball park figure and will be useful to track changes... it should be used about once a month at the same time of day, under the same conditions for the most accurate readings...

thanks so much for the fast response I had it done at the gym i belong to but it was just that pinchy thing i beleive she did my arm and my thigh but i could be wrong ... ill have to get it done again been working out at home with the hubby but were do for a good field trip to the gym

Would you mind posting a typical day of eating for me? I started my clean diet yesterday. I'm SURE it's all in my head, but I swear I feel different already - plus I had the best chest workout of my life yesterday.

Again, if you wouldn't mind posting one typical day for me to compare, I'd appreciate it!

VDL

You will first lose water..so a lot of weight you intially lose is the water...Dont go by the scales stick to bf% changes.

Yup yup...eating 'clean' for most people starting out means a drastic reduction in overall carb intake...did for me anyhow...and of course you'll shed tons o' water in the process. But yes, sah, remember to use your scales AND your BF %....use both measurements to determine your lean mass and monitor that as well. If you start losing too much lean mass as well as fat etc, then you'll know you are losing too quickly and need to tweak something in your regime.

Congrats on getting it started! The initial weight loss is water so dont' set your expectations around that. Once you have your "schedule" figured out, you need to set your sites long term -- e.g. takes about 21 days to establish a "habit". Then it becomes part of the "lifestyle". If you set goals to see maybe 5-10 lbs loss after 4 weeks, use that to get through the next few weeks. Once you start seeign the results, I guess its more mentally convincing that its actually working and then you can watch the results as you go.

Good luck!

A typical day for me is

2 eggs with out yokes

protein bar

4 oz chicken
2/3 vegetable (sweet potato, g.beans, ect.)

Protein bar

6 oz filet
vegetable

but im trying to replace the bars with nat peanut butter but not a big fan of PB

I know I still have a lot to lose a lot to tone and a lot to gain but it will be a slow process but at least somethings happening

Top Bottom