Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

woohoo

For every gram of carb stored in muscle there are 2.8 grams of water stored with it.

The diet described is pretty low in carbs. If what was being consumed before was high in carbs or junk carbs (simple sugar), the 5 lb loss in a week or so is very common as New@ explained. The loss is neither muscle or fat, just mostly water. It should stablize soon. Then fat loss should prevail over time if you lift heavy, otherwise you'll lose muscle and slow down your metabolism.

W6

A couple suggestions for your diet:

For meal 1, add some carb like 1/2 c. oatmeal. Your body has been "fasting" all night and since you are getting up and starting your day, you can better process the carbs (than at night) and also you should get enough food in your system to get started.

Definitely toss the protein bars. I carry these only for absolute emergencies. Otherwise I start to "like" them and they become a nice little "candy bar"....BAAAAAAAAAAAAD HABIT!

At least replace one with a good quality protein mix. That doesn't have the garbage filler that bars have.

Be careful with the amount of nat pb also. Some fat is good, but there's sugar and stuff in there too. Personally I also find that I'm sensitive to the l-argenine in pb and I get these nasty cold sores around my mouth (looks like zits). These are easily dealt with via l-lysine cream (cold sore cream) and some extra l-lysine supps. Soy nut butter (Soy-based instead of peanuts) is a good substitute. Instead of using pb as your replacement for the 2 protein bars, maybe replace one with it, use protein mix as your "quick 'n dirty" protein source and add in another meal with some real food.

You also need to include a good fat source. PB will work partially, but get used to using flax seed oil or Udo's Choice. You can mix it in with your meals like in a salad mix. I personally think its kinda gross by itself, but I've mixed it into protein mixes, in with no cal /no carb salad dressing, salsa, etc. Just remember you can't cook with it or heat it up (e.g. in the microwave). 1 tbsp gives you 14.5 g of good fat. You need some good fats in your diet for some extra energy, especially on a very low carb diet, and also good skin, etc.

Take a look at your total cals on your diet and the break down of protein / carb / fat -- a healthy diet should have 10-20% fats. And you also want to make sure you are consuming enough calories so your body doesn't think its in starvation mode - this just slows down your metabolism and defeats the purpose. And drink like 1 - 1 1/2 gal of water / day - LOTS O' WATER keeps your system flushed out and running smoothly!

Top Bottom