Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats the big deal with Wheat bread?

yosshimura

High End Bro
Platinum
Here is another comparison I made....wheat bread and regular american bread.

Wheat: 2g carb less than white
& protein for wheat is 4g vs 2g for white

both numbers are for 1 slice.

Doesn't look like a big deal to me....maybe it should and I should micromanage my diet more:confused:

Both wheat and white bread are bad food choices while dieting because they are both high in calories. It would take at least 5 times the calories from bread than vegetables to feel contempt and full after eating. Just like you pointed out, there is no significant difference between white and wheat bread.

There's wheat and there's wheat. Some wheat is just uncolored white bread such as Wonder Wheat, something like that. But you can't go wrong with multi-grain bread. It tastes pretty much the same as wheat and it's low GI. It's an excellent diet food IMO.

agrre with gymtime

you can also rely on organic whole wheat bread

Do they sell this "real" whole wheat bread at the supermarket or do I have to go to a health food store? I looked at several wheat breads on the shelf at the market and they had similar ingredients /percentages...maybe it is like the high end breads, peperidge farm or somethin>??

I'm not real sure about organic wheat bread, as far as it's availability in the stores. But you can get multi-grain bread in any grocery store.

Top Bottom