Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what's everyone putting up on incline bb bench??

i wasnt disagreeing with that..not everyone benches Pl style ( i do ) i really havent seen any growth from flyes or the pec dec so i dropped them out of my routine..occasionally i will do flyes or incline flyes

Hmmm..... I haven't done incline barbell in like a year. I guess I'll have to do it next week. I pressed the 90's for 4 reps on my 5th set for incline db's last week.

cwick0 said:
PR on incline barbell: 315x10, 315x8, 315x8
is that today?? either way nice work bro!!!
I meant to ask you about your style..you want to get 3 sets of 10 before you move up the weight..so lets say you move the weight up and your getting reps of 8,8,5-6..now you keep the weight the same each week and try to increase your reps until you can make all 10's?

wnt2bBeast said:
I agree somewhat with what youre saying here..tris delts lats very important in building a big bench..but do you feel youve gotten signifcant growth out of cable crossover and flyes!!!! i cant say that true for me..if you want a big chest you gotta press..cable i think are a complete waste i see value in flyes helps strengthen the tie ins and iso the pecs..
Agreed totally!! I get nothing out of cable fly/crossover movements, I dont know why guys waste time doing them!!

Cool. I wasn’t disagreeing either about needing bench to get a big chest. I was just trying to show that the majority of the movement is done with the tri’s, delts and lats. But I don’t think that fly movements should be thrown out and be thought of as a waste of time, IMO they can be very valuable to the development of the chest.
Here is why (and this is just my theory.) In the many years that I have spent in the gym, I have found that they best way to work out is to first start with a compound movement, and then break the day down into isolation movements. Lets take legs for example. Almost everybody will agree that squats are the king of leg movements, and naturally, those who do do legs (there are some people out there that never do them), start with squats (or deadlifts, both of which work the same muscle groups.) after squats, the workout is broken down into movements that concentrate on certain muscles; quads, hams, calves and lower back (for the PLers.) so going with the same idea in mind, I apply this train of thought to my chest. I start with my compound movement (some sort of bench pressing movement) and from there move to concentrate on my chest and tri’s: ill do 1 fly movement and the pec deck, then different types of extensions for the tri’s with some pushdowns to finish it up.
Think about it for a minute. Try flexing your chest………………i can almost bet that you brought one of your arms across your body or rotated one of your shoulder inwards (in a fly motion) instead of extending your arm out (as if you were pressing) and felt your pec with your other arm hand. I have read numerous articles about how the main function of the chest muscles is to bring the arms across the body. This is why I feel that fly movements are a valuable tool for the development of the chest muscles.
Try adding them to your workouts. Make sure that you when you extend your arms that you only make a slight bend in the arms and bring them out to the sides. Most people will bend at the elbows too much. And don’t be afraid to go heavy (I do 4 sets 6-8 with 60’s, and im about to go up to 65’s)

i haven't got under the bar to max in years ,,,,,8-10 reps on all my movements but on the incline i ussually 255-260 3-4 sets.....

wnt2bBeast said:
I agree somewhat with what youre saying here..tris delts lats very important in building a big bench..but do you feel youve gotten signifcant growth out of cable crossover and flyes!!!! i cant say that true for me..if you want a big chest you gotta press..cable i think are a complete waste i see value in flyes helps strengthen the tie ins and iso the pecs..

If you look at the bench press programs Lee haywards for instance you'll notice they won't stress chest much at all. Benching is about shoulders and triceps. Cable crossovers won't help your bech much.

Illuminati's post just agreed with what I was saying...

gjohnson5 said:
If you look at the bench press programs Lee haywards for instance you'll notice they won't stress chest much at all. Benching is about shoulders and triceps. Cable crossovers won't help your bech much.

Illuminati's post just agreed with what I was saying...
metal militia is all about heavy benching..no?

Lat's huh. Well it makes since if your going to hit the push muscles then you should hit the pull muscles as well. When you bench , do you lay flat on the bench or do you arch the back? I believe http://www.blastyourbench.com/ tells you to arch the back and dig your read delts into the bench. If dont with this technique , The lasts shouldn't be involved so much.

Next time I hit the gym , I will lay flat and "flare" the lats with the weight above me.

Top Bottom