Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what's everyone putting up on incline bb bench??

view

i'm kinda curious to see what everyone is putting up.

i want 315 to go down soon for me.

i'm curious what you rep, and what you max, weight, bf%, height etc. :)

i recently switched to incline bench, i was maxing on flat at like 335 (perfect form), so 315 incline shouldn't be that far away i hope.

view said:

i recently switched to incline bench, i was maxing on flat at like 335 (perfect form), so 315 incline shouldn't be that far away i hope.

Im currently pushin 275 for 6 good form. IM 6'4 255 9% and have loooong arms so my bench sucks but to give you an Idea my flat bench is 325 for 3 at good form. I havent maxed lately because Im runnin 5x5 but Im surre its still around the same. One thing to keep in mind though is if you are bodybuilding weight dont mean nothin...........took me a long time to realize that.

view said:

Why switch. I do one then the other :) Nothing like leaving the gym and your chest is almost numb... Run and take your protein!

I don't generally max on inclines as I save my energy for benching. But sometimes I'll work chest 2 days in a row and have inclines on a day by themselves. I'm pretty randon when I get in the gym, but I've learnd that static routines just p[ut people in plateau's So rip up the excersize cards!

I could probably 335 incline but

5'9 250 about 12%
225 x 20+, 275 x 10, 295 x 5-6 , 315 2 maybe...

I should post some pictures soon. I will make some

havent hit a max bench in awhile as im on 5x5..tomorrow is chest and my weight is going to be 270..ive been up here before but didnt like my form so i actually cut the weight down to 240 and kinda started all over again..i like incline dbells alot but my gym only goes up to 130's..5'10 235 bf who cares

highest i've gone on incline is 185x3. i might've been able to get 4, but my spotter was trying to grab at the bar on every rep and it was throwing my concentration, so i stopped at 3.

that was a week and a half ago. i have an AC (Anterioral something or other) strain in my left shoulder that's been bugging me all summer. best way to describe it...there's a tiny knot on the clavicle bone right before the shoulder. my left one is about 3x it's normal size. i can barely find that little knot on my right shoulder. it was affecting all my lifts all summer, so i'm actually kind of impressed that i got 185x3.

EDIT - 5'6", was about 160lbs when i did 185x3. spent most of the summer getting a little bit leaner. it's nice to see my abs again.

Last edited:
view...i hit 315 for the first time last thursday on incline. two weeks earlier i hit a PR on flat with 350. IMO i do not think that there is a direct correlation between what you can do for reps, and what your max out is. i rarely do reps, as i try to exert maximul force on the bar when benching, whether it be on my ME or DE day, i rarely go over 3 reps for pressing movement (im more into PL, but i throw in some BB stuff.)

how strong are your tri's and delts? it is popular belief that the chest muscles are the primary muscles doing the work for the bench press, this is wrong. the main function of the chest muscles is to bring the arms across the body, this is why fly movements, and crossovers work so well for hypertrophy of the chest. if you want a bigger bench, work on your tri's, and these are the muscles responsible for the majority of the pressing and locking out the weight. if you are getting stuck either right on your chest or 2-3" off your chest, work on your lats.

im 5'10" 213, bodyfat 10%, flat bench 350, inc. 315

Last edited:
Top Bottom