Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What the heck is giving me diarreah on a keto diet?

B

Burning_Inside

i just got back from a half hour jog, and about 15 minutes later I had diarreah. All I ate today so far since 3 pm when i woke up was 1 hamburger, a slice of cheese 1 slice of bologna, and some heavy cream for meal 1, then 3 whole eggs scrambled with small amount of ketchup, some heavy cream and a slice of cheese for meal 2...and 2 liters of water......Soooo, any clues?

Did you just start this diet? Normally, when I come off of a low fat, higher carb and protein diet and switch to a keto diet, I get loose stools. Probably because of the sudden inclusion of high fats. I usually go to normal within 3 or 4 days, but then, I start getting a little constipated:confused: Go figure. Anyway, that's what happens to me, I'm not sure if it's the same problem with you. There is also a slight possibility you might be coming down with a cold or virus.

flax oil lubricates the intestine. sometimes it can lubricate it a lot, aiding gastrointestinal motility. maybe thats it. (it said that in UDO erasmus's book)

One more guess BTW, are you using creatine while on this diet? A little too much creatine at one dosage can lead to a serious butt malt.

Nope, no creatine, and by the way, I only had the diarreah spell for about an hour or so after I got done running...I'm fine now, haven't had it since..I have no clue...

Could have been a case of mild food poisoning, made worse by the fact that hard cardio arrests digestion to some degree . Mild food poisoning gives you a spell of the runs and you feel ill for a few hours too maybe--it happens to almost everyone at some point. Most people who get this think it is a '24-hr. bug' but it is almost always food poisoning.

i had the same thing ! just that it was the first few days of when i tried the keto diet. I hate it....have to have carbs....all this shit did was give me a flu, diahreea(sp), and then it constipated my butt :mad:

i doubt its food poisoning, as he is not the only case. i think (but have no basis to prove it) it's the body's shock to suddenly having so much fat overload in the diet.

perhaps.....i agree with that view point (whoever started it)

Top Bottom