Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Washington, DC Defies Supreme Court Ruling Today

p0ink said:
how could he follow the process correctly? if he showed up with it, he could (and probably would) be arrested and charged for transportation and ownership of an unregistered weapon.

secondly, the supreme court was pretty straight-forward when they told the city that they shall issue him a pistol permit. so, what does the city do to quasi-circumvent that? they pen the new law to consider any pistol which is not a revolver to be a machine gun. they definitely cannot do that, because there already is a set federal definition on what constitutes a machine gun, and i can assure you a semi-auto pistol is not one.

seriously.

There is a 180 day amnesty.....Do you really think they would arrest him if he brought his gun to register? I doubt they want that attention. They allowed others to bring their guns to register, correct?

gjohnson5 said:
They dropped that mess here to. The gov of Georgia (despite the issues of law enforcement) allowed for concealed weapons in all public places.
I've read the statistics over and over again. I have yet to see guns attributable to any decrease in crime. Generally the culture and socio economic issues are the main indicators

The only statistics I've read which indicate such a thing are numbers which were "furnished" by Gun Owners of America or the NRA.
So yes
Those statistics are skewed and biased and hence it is not a fact that guns decrease crime, LOL
I don't see how they were skewered when you consider that it was the only stimuli changed in the equation. It's not like the US became anti-violent at the same time as the CCW law.

Now I understand that one could say that Roe v Wade also had an impact (ie Freakanomics), but I'm not sure that I'd be willing to take it that far. There are too many variables to say that it had that much of an impact.

EnderJE said:
I don't see how they were skewered when you consider that it was the only stimuli changed in the equation. It's not like the US became anti-violent at the same time as the CCW law.

Now I understand that one could say that Roe v Wade also had an impact (ie Freakanomics), but I'm not sure that I'd be willing to take it that far. There are too many variables to say that it had that much of an impact.

What the statistics need to show, atleast the ones I've read is who is the perpetrator and who is the victim
If my memory serves me correctly (and I'll post numbers to back this up) of gun violence , a big catagory is the perpetrator is related or friends to the victim. This includes cases of as we call it "negligent discharge". How increases gun availability will make an argument with your relatives "safer" is beyond me.

gjohnson5 said:
What the statistics need to show, atleast the ones I've read is who is the perpetrator and who is the victim
If my memory serves me correctly (and I'll post numbers to back this up) of gun violence , the perpetrator is related or friends to the victim. This includes cases of as we call it "negligent discharge". How increases gun availability will make an argument with your relatives "safer" is beyond me.
All that may be true, but that doesn't change that CCW lower the stats (or at least the ones that I've seen overall). Like I said, if adding CCW lowered the stats and negligent discharge still happened, the total violent gun deaths are still lowered overall. Isn't that the goal?

EnderJE said:
All that may be true, but that doesn't change that CCW lower the stats (or at least the ones that I've seen overall). Like I said, if adding CCW lowered the stats and negligent discharge still happened, the total violent gun deaths are still lowered overall. Isn't that the goal?

The point was that it's a LIE (yes an out right lie) to insinuate that guns made law abiding citizens safer from criminals by posting such statistics.
If person X's wife was caught cheating then a gun isn't going to help the situation. Also if person X doesn't know how to handle a gun and shoots his own kid , guns did help there either

The fact is they hurt alot more then they help

gjohnson5 said:
The point was that it's a LIE (yes an out right lie) to insinuate that guns made law abiding citizens safer from criminals by posting such statistics.
If person X's wife was caught cheating then a gun isn't going to help the situation. Also if person X doesn't know how to handle a gun and shoots his own kid , guns did help there either

The fact is they hurt alot more then they help
I think we're at an impasse, so I'll use an example.

Let's say that there are 10 deaths a year from gun violence. Out of the 10, let's say that 6 are from negligent discharge and 4 are from criminals. As I said, if we layer on the CCW, the total statistics drops from 10 to 8.

Let's say that you are correct and CCW doesn't drop the 6 negligent discharge deaths. This would mean that the 4 criminal deaths have now dropped to two.

In the end, there are two less deaths.

Doesn't that make CCW a good thing?

I agree that in an ideal world that there would be no deaths and that we'd all get along; but America progresses through internal conflict, so that's unrealistic.

Governor: Chicago might need National Guard help

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Posted Jul 16, 2008 @ 02:50 PM
CHICAGO (AP) —

Governor Rod Blagojevich is raising the possibility of bringing in Illinois State Police troopers or even the National Guard to help Chicago fight a recent increase in violence.

Blagojevich says he’ll meet with state police, National Guard and other officials later in the day to discuss the options.

The governor says Chicago Mayor Richard Daley hasn’t asked for help, but Blagojevich says he’ll call the mayor once he has some concrete suggestions about what help he can provide.

The governor didn’t have many specifics, but he says it’s more likely that state police will be brought in than the National Guard.

Blagojevich also says there are a lot of retired Chicago police officers and state police troopers who could be rehired for the summer.

www.sj-r.com/breaking/x1768847857/Governor-Chicago-might-need-National-Guard-help

----------------------

chicago also has also had an outright ban on its citizens owning firearms...

wow, you would think with all those guns being banned the city would be safe than emeral city...but no, it's not. in fact, it is so bad that the governor is talking about bringing in the national guard to help bring down violence.

hah!

what also gets forgotten are the instances that the mere brandishing of a firearm deters or diffuses a criminal from proceeding. Ive seen it happen and it would really be a tragedy if that person went to the hospital or died because they were a law abiding citizen, and the law happened to be guns banned.

p0ink said:
Governor: Chicago might need National Guard help

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Posted Jul 16, 2008 @ 02:50 PM
CHICAGO (AP) —

Governor Rod Blagojevich is raising the possibility of bringing in Illinois State Police troopers or even the National Guard to help Chicago fight a recent increase in violence.

Blagojevich says he’ll meet with state police, National Guard and other officials later in the day to discuss the options.

The governor says Chicago Mayor Richard Daley hasn’t asked for help, but Blagojevich says he’ll call the mayor once he has some concrete suggestions about what help he can provide.

The governor didn’t have many specifics, but he says it’s more likely that state police will be brought in than the National Guard.

Blagojevich also says there are a lot of retired Chicago police officers and state police troopers who could be rehired for the summer.

www.sj-r.com/breaking/x1768847857/Governor-Chicago-might-need-National-Guard-help

----------------------

chicago also has also had an outright ban on its citizens owning firearms...

wow, you would think with all those guns being banned the city would be safe than emeral city...but no, it's not. in fact, it is so bad that the governor is talking about bringing in the national guard to help bring down violence.

hah!

AHHH OH MY GOD... you're telling me there is riots in the streets of Chicago? lol, I'm right there, my gf works in Chicago, and numerous of my friends.

Calm down. The national guard? That's a power move, power speak, more like. Yes everyone the city of Chicago are unruly! Insane! People killin' each other left and right! Come the fuck on. It's not that big of a deal, man.

They'll register their shit the same as the next guy. Sure, there will be violence, like every fucking day. At least people will be legal to own their own pistols in their place of residence...

Top Bottom