Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Washington, DC Defies Supreme Court Ruling Today

forgot to add...

even after you get your firearm back from the police for their stupid ballistics test, which can take any indefinite time to do so, you must then further wait for the city to send you your permit - and both are not done at the same time. in fact, they penned the law to be so vague that there is no time line at all in which the city must do this.

did i mention all of this is very cost prohibitive, too?

secondly, even if you use your handgun in self-defense prior to receiving your permit, you will be charged with unlawful possession and use of said handgun. in other words, you are not allowed to defend yourself until you receive a paper in the mail stating you are allowed to do so.

and finally, even after you done all of your paperwork, submitted all firearms for testing, and received your permit, it is illegal for you to store said firearm in any other manner other than, i shit you not, unloaded, trigger locked, and disassembled.

if i were any of the other gun restrictive city mayors in the US, i would be calling my DC counterpart to tell him to knock it the fuck off before he makes it worse for them by losing in court and thus setting a precedent.

p0ink said:
forgot to add...

even after you get your firearm back from the police for their stupid ballistics test, which can take any indefinite time to do so, you must then further wait for the city to send you your permit - and both are not done at the same time. in fact, they penned the law to be so vague that there is no time line at all in which the city must do this.

secondly, even if you use your handgun in self-defense prior to receiving your permit, you will be charged with unlawful possession and use of said handgun. in other words, you are not allowed to defend yourself until you receive a paper in the mail stating you are allowed to do so.

and finally, even after you done all of your paperwork, submitted all firearms for testing, and received your permit, it is illegal for you to store said firearm in any other manner other than, i shit you not, unloaded, trigger locked, and disassembled.

if i were any of the other gun restrictive city mayors in the US, i would be calling my DC counterpart to tell him to knock it the fuck off before he makes it worse for them by losing in court and thus setting a precedent.

the fuhrer approves

p0ink said:
forgot to add...

That's really funny. If you're going to lift the ban, then you might as well let them have it and not be a dick about it.

they probably found a loop hole like all laws have and they are exploiting it. i hate law makers they fuck up every good deal.

chewyxrage said:
I doubt they'll be sending in the marines. The article was pretty mild. Basically said that he couldn't register his gun due to not following the process correctly.

It seems like a pretty easy deal to me, long as your gun hasn't killed anyone in the last 10 years :)

how could he follow the process correctly? if he showed up with it, he could (and probably would) be arrested and charged for transportation and ownership of an unregistered weapon.

secondly, the supreme court was pretty straight-forward when they told the city that they shall issue him a pistol permit. so, what does the city do to quasi-circumvent that? they pen the new law to consider any pistol which is not a revolver to be a machine gun. they definitely cannot do that, because there already is a set federal definition on what constitutes a machine gun, and i can assure you a semi-auto pistol is not one.

seriously.

DC is an extremely expensive city to live in. It's even worse when you live in a suburb like Fairfax (ask me how I know...)

Anyway I agree with their position. Metropolitan areas have law enforcement needs that require such restrictions in place. Anyone is a target to firearm violence due to the nature of the town and what goes on there.

gjohnson5 said:
DC is an extremely expensive city to live in. It's even worse when you live in a suburb like Fairfax (ask me how I know...)

Anyway I agree with their position. Metropolitan areas have law enforcement needs that require such restrictions in place. Anyone is a target to firearm violence due to the nature of the town and what goes on there.

Sorry, but that is ludicrous. the DC gun ban has been in effect now for 30 years, and each and every year crime has gone up. why? because criminals will keep breaking the law regardless of what it says or who passes it.

these asinine laws only hurt the law-abiding citizen.

do you really think your local gang banger is going to jump through all those hoops so he can carry his glock fo'ty? come on...

p0ink said:
Sorry, but that is ludicrous. the DC gun ban has been in effect now for 30 years, and each and every year crime has gone up. why? because criminals will keep breaking the law regardless of what it says or who passes it.

these asinine laws only hurt the law-abiding citizen.

do you really think your local gang banger is going to jump through all those hoops so he can carry his glock fo'ty? come on...

Adding more guns won't make it better either

gjohnson5 said:
Adding more guns won't make it better either

check out the crime stats for every state that allowed its populace to legally arm and defend themselves.

fuck i cant believe we're going round and round again with this bullshit again.

Top Bottom